Live in Chcago? Want to see an early screening of THE EAST tonight, with actor/co-writer Brit Marling and director/co-writer Zal Batmanglij Q&A? Capone has details…!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
This is not my conventional--or even preferred--way of giving out tickets to screenings, but the circumstances are unusual, the movie is very good, and the guests are great. A couple of years ago, I did a Chicago screening of a film called ANOTHER EARTH, by a then-unknown filmmaking duo that included star and co-writer Brit Marling, who has gone on to act is several films including ARBITRAGE and the current release THE COMPANY YOU KEEP. Not long after ANOTHER EARTH was released came Marling's second film as a co-creator, THE SOUND OF MY VOICE (the better of the two film, in my opinion), this time made with director and co-writer Zal Batmanglij.
Between the release of the two films, Marling and Batmanglij shot another film called THE EAST about a woman (Marling) was infiltrates an anarchist group on behalf of a private firm for which she works. The group makes a name for itself by attacking major corporations by using their own allegedly safe products on their executives without them realizing it, and this leads to some fairly devastating situations. The film co-stars Ellen Page, Alexander Skarsgård, Patricia Clarkson, Julia Ormond, and Jason Ritter.
For those who attended the early screening of ANOTHER EARTH, you know that Marling is a thoughtful, intelligent and interesting speaker, which is why I was excited to provide Chicago-area readers with the opportunity to attend another Q&A with her for THE EAST, along with its director and co-writer (with Marling again) Zal Batmanglij. But this time, because of the timing of this screening, you don't have to jump through hoops to attend (not as many, at least); all you have to do is show up early. Here's how this is going to work…
The screening of THE EAST in Chicago will take place at the AMC River East 21 theaters at 322 E Illinois Street at 7:30pm tonight (meaning Monday night). And all you need to do to get in is show up early. You must arrive no later than 7pm. We've been allotted a certain number of seats, but if more than that number show up, I've been told room will be made available. The idea is to make sure no one gets turned away, so the earlier you show up, the better your seats will be. When you arrive, just let the people running the show that you saw this notice on Ain't It Cool News, and they'll tell you what to do. If you show up after 7pm and there's room, you'll be let in; but that's not guaranteed.
Hope to see you there!
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 244 total posts 143 posts
- The GODZILLA Sequel Has A Writer!! -- 112 total posts 112 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 244 total posts 107 posts
- Quint is surprisingly quite fond of Kevin Smith's TUSK! Fantastic Fest 2014! -- 64 total posts 64 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! -- 63 total posts 63 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 146 total posts 55 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 106 total posts 50 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 66 total posts 38 posts
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 447 total posts 36 posts
- The Premiere Of TIM & ERIC’s BEDTIME STORIES!! New GARFUNKEL, HAVEN & LOSER!! HONORABLE, RUSH, WORST, NAKED, MARRIED & SATISFACTION Finales!! The Return Of BREAKING AMISH!! Terry Gilliam On COLBERT!! Carmen Lynch On CRAIG!! Julianna & Viggo On SETH!! Ali Wong @MIDNIGHT!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 26 total posts 23 posts