James Gunn Dishes On GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! Says Rocket Raccoon Will Be The "Heart Of The Movie"!
IRON MAN 3 premiered in London the other night, which means there was a red carpet, which means reporters had ample opportunity to goad actors and directors into spilling the beans about their current projects. One of the folks interrogated was GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY director James Gunn, and he opened up to a somewhat surprising degree to the gang at HeyUGuys.
While Gunn didn't confirm any of the recent casting rumors, he was anything but coy about the involvement of Zoe Saldana (as Gamora), Dave Bautista (Drax) and Michael Rooker (Yondu). But his most interesting comments had to do with the portrayal of Rocket Raccoon.
I’ve done a lot of studying with real raccoons, and we had real raccoons come in. We’ve done photography with them, I’ve played with raccoons, and fed raccoons, and dealt a lot with real raccoons to get some of the behaviour down, because it’s really, really important to me that Rocket Raccoon, who is the heart of the movie, is not a cartoon character, it’s not Bugs Bunny in the middle of The Avengers, it’s a real, little, somewhat mangled beast that’s alone. There’s no one else in the universe quite like him, he’s been created by these guys to be a mean-ass fighting machine.
Gunn will begin shooting GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY in June at Shepperton Studios. The North American IRON MAN 3 press day begins tomorrow in Los Angeles, and that strikes me as a good time for Kevin Feige to discuss all manner of Marvel developments. Perhaps we'll get some official GUARDIANS casting news (aside from Chris Pratt).
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 230 total posts 94 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 239 total posts 24 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 91 total posts 13 posts
- 'We Mustn’t Disappoint Father!!' Check Out The Size Of Dany’s Dragons In The Latest Trailer For GAME OF THRONES Season Four!! -- 12 total posts 12 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 50 total posts 12 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 309 total posts 8 posts
- Spring Forward With Lauren Cohen & Sonequa Martin-Green On TALKING DEAD!! Data Brokers On 60 MINUTES!! The Premieres Of Fox’s COSMOS, Lohan’s LINDSAY & Carolla’s CATCH A CONTRATOR!! The Returns Of BURGERS, SIMPSONS, GUY, ONCE & REVENGE!! New GIRLS, ISLAND, AMAZING, SHAMELESS, FIANCE, WIVES, AX!! KARDASHIANS & LOOKING Finales!! Herc’s Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 9 total posts 6 posts
- Jeremy Returns With More Tales From The CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER Set! -- 94 total posts 6 posts
- Lena Dunham Hosts SNL!! Sagan COSMOS Marathon On NGC!! New UNIVERSE, OUTRAGEOUS ACTS OF SCIENCE & BLACK SAILS!! SWAMP PAWN, RAISING WHITLEY, SCORNED, COPS & CRAZY HEARTS Finales!! Hallmark’s A RING BY SPRING!! Lifetime’s A TRIP TO BOUNTIFUL!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 36 total posts 5 posts
- Quint thinks Nick Stoller's NEIGHBORS is heartfelt, hysterical and all kinds of messed up! SXSW 2014! -- 4 total posts 4 posts