James Gunn Dishes On GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! Says Rocket Raccoon Will Be The "Heart Of The Movie"!
IRON MAN 3 premiered in London the other night, which means there was a red carpet, which means reporters had ample opportunity to goad actors and directors into spilling the beans about their current projects. One of the folks interrogated was GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY director James Gunn, and he opened up to a somewhat surprising degree to the gang at HeyUGuys.
While Gunn didn't confirm any of the recent casting rumors, he was anything but coy about the involvement of Zoe Saldana (as Gamora), Dave Bautista (Drax) and Michael Rooker (Yondu). But his most interesting comments had to do with the portrayal of Rocket Raccoon.
I’ve done a lot of studying with real raccoons, and we had real raccoons come in. We’ve done photography with them, I’ve played with raccoons, and fed raccoons, and dealt a lot with real raccoons to get some of the behaviour down, because it’s really, really important to me that Rocket Raccoon, who is the heart of the movie, is not a cartoon character, it’s not Bugs Bunny in the middle of The Avengers, it’s a real, little, somewhat mangled beast that’s alone. There’s no one else in the universe quite like him, he’s been created by these guys to be a mean-ass fighting machine.
Gunn will begin shooting GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY in June at Shepperton Studios. The North American IRON MAN 3 press day begins tomorrow in Los Angeles, and that strikes me as a good time for Kevin Feige to discuss all manner of Marvel developments. Perhaps we'll get some official GUARDIANS casting news (aside from Chris Pratt).
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 353 total posts 97 posts
- Butters-centric SOUTH PARK Season Finale!! Final Wednesday SURVIVOR!! The Final CSI, MINDS, ARROW & TOMORROW PEOPLE Of 2013!! New MOB, MODERN, MIDDLE, NASHVILLE, SING OFF, BURNING LOVE, GIRL CODE, AHS, X, SOUP, PICKERS!! Whitford On KIMMEL!! Cumberbatch & Takei On CONAN!! Herc’s Wednesday TV Talkback!! -- 75 total posts 45 posts
- BBCA Brings Forth New Images From 'The Time of the Doctor' - Matt Smith's Final Episode Of DOCTOR WHO!! -- 41 total posts 41 posts
- I'd watch Simon Pegg and Monty Python in ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING! -- 86 total posts 40 posts
- Peter Jackson Says Hobbitses Stalled His TINTIN Sequel - But... -- 39 total posts 39 posts
- Is Jason Clarke Our New John Connor? -- 232 total posts 39 posts
- Here's A Motion Comic Set Up For I, FRANKENSTEIN!! -- 33 total posts 33 posts
- THE PURGE 2 to be headed up by Frank Grillo! -- 60 total posts 32 posts
- Samuel L. Jackson in Talks for David Yates' TARZAN! -- 124 total posts 29 posts
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Teaser Posters Portend The Arrival Of Next Week's Trailer!! -- 163 total posts 27 posts