James Gunn Dishes On GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! Says Rocket Raccoon Will Be The "Heart Of The Movie"!
IRON MAN 3 premiered in London the other night, which means there was a red carpet, which means reporters had ample opportunity to goad actors and directors into spilling the beans about their current projects. One of the folks interrogated was GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY director James Gunn, and he opened up to a somewhat surprising degree to the gang at HeyUGuys.
While Gunn didn't confirm any of the recent casting rumors, he was anything but coy about the involvement of Zoe Saldana (as Gamora), Dave Bautista (Drax) and Michael Rooker (Yondu). But his most interesting comments had to do with the portrayal of Rocket Raccoon.
I’ve done a lot of studying with real raccoons, and we had real raccoons come in. We’ve done photography with them, I’ve played with raccoons, and fed raccoons, and dealt a lot with real raccoons to get some of the behaviour down, because it’s really, really important to me that Rocket Raccoon, who is the heart of the movie, is not a cartoon character, it’s not Bugs Bunny in the middle of The Avengers, it’s a real, little, somewhat mangled beast that’s alone. There’s no one else in the universe quite like him, he’s been created by these guys to be a mean-ass fighting machine.
Gunn will begin shooting GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY in June at Shepperton Studios. The North American IRON MAN 3 press day begins tomorrow in Los Angeles, and that strikes me as a good time for Kevin Feige to discuss all manner of Marvel developments. Perhaps we'll get some official GUARDIANS casting news (aside from Chris Pratt).
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 284 total posts 56 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 233 total posts 48 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 91 total posts 38 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 35 total posts 35 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 281 total posts 34 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen the new Interstellar trailer! Plus The Rock and Spongebob stuff! -- 13 total posts 13 posts
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 287 total posts 12 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 243 total posts 10 posts
- Check Out this New Poster for HORNS! -- 34 total posts 7 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint reports in on the panel of The Giver! Footage! Jeff Bridges Q&A! -- 14 total posts 5 posts