James Gunn Dishes On GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! Says Rocket Raccoon Will Be The "Heart Of The Movie"!
IRON MAN 3 premiered in London the other night, which means there was a red carpet, which means reporters had ample opportunity to goad actors and directors into spilling the beans about their current projects. One of the folks interrogated was GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY director James Gunn, and he opened up to a somewhat surprising degree to the gang at HeyUGuys.
While Gunn didn't confirm any of the recent casting rumors, he was anything but coy about the involvement of Zoe Saldana (as Gamora), Dave Bautista (Drax) and Michael Rooker (Yondu). But his most interesting comments had to do with the portrayal of Rocket Raccoon.
I’ve done a lot of studying with real raccoons, and we had real raccoons come in. We’ve done photography with them, I’ve played with raccoons, and fed raccoons, and dealt a lot with real raccoons to get some of the behaviour down, because it’s really, really important to me that Rocket Raccoon, who is the heart of the movie, is not a cartoon character, it’s not Bugs Bunny in the middle of The Avengers, it’s a real, little, somewhat mangled beast that’s alone. There’s no one else in the universe quite like him, he’s been created by these guys to be a mean-ass fighting machine.
Gunn will begin shooting GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY in June at Shepperton Studios. The North American IRON MAN 3 press day begins tomorrow in Los Angeles, and that strikes me as a good time for Kevin Feige to discuss all manner of Marvel developments. Perhaps we'll get some official GUARDIANS casting news (aside from Chris Pratt).
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 130 total posts 130 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 137 total posts 61 posts
- All 13 Season-Six Episodes Of CLONE WARS Land On Netflix!! Joan Jett On LETTERMAN!! Kenan Thompson On MEYERS!! TRAIN YOUR DRAGON On FX DOWNLOAD!! New HANNIBAL, FIVE-0, GRIMM, BLOODS, LAST MAN, NEIGHBORS, ELISTED, HOPE, BANSHEE, TREEHOUSE, GOLD & SMACKDOWN!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 88 total posts 54 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 253 total posts 49 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 52 total posts 35 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 29 total posts 29 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Chats Up BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER / ED WOOD Icon (And Hollywood Royalty) Juliet Landau!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 25 total posts 25 posts
- Lena Dunham Hosts SNL!! Sagan COSMOS Marathon On NGC!! New UNIVERSE, OUTRAGEOUS ACTS OF SCIENCE & BLACK SAILS!! SWAMP PAWN, RAISING WHITLEY, SCORNED, COPS & CRAZY HEARTS Finales!! Hallmark’s A RING BY SPRING!! Lifetime’s A TRIP TO BOUNTIFUL!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 24 total posts 24 posts
- Karen Gillan has Night Terrors in this First OCULUS Clip! -- 21 total posts 21 posts
- New Trailer for Jim Jarmusch's ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE! -- 19 total posts 19 posts