James Gunn Dishes On GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! Says Rocket Raccoon Will Be The "Heart Of The Movie"!
IRON MAN 3 premiered in London the other night, which means there was a red carpet, which means reporters had ample opportunity to goad actors and directors into spilling the beans about their current projects. One of the folks interrogated was GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY director James Gunn, and he opened up to a somewhat surprising degree to the gang at HeyUGuys.
While Gunn didn't confirm any of the recent casting rumors, he was anything but coy about the involvement of Zoe Saldana (as Gamora), Dave Bautista (Drax) and Michael Rooker (Yondu). But his most interesting comments had to do with the portrayal of Rocket Raccoon.
I’ve done a lot of studying with real raccoons, and we had real raccoons come in. We’ve done photography with them, I’ve played with raccoons, and fed raccoons, and dealt a lot with real raccoons to get some of the behaviour down, because it’s really, really important to me that Rocket Raccoon, who is the heart of the movie, is not a cartoon character, it’s not Bugs Bunny in the middle of The Avengers, it’s a real, little, somewhat mangled beast that’s alone. There’s no one else in the universe quite like him, he’s been created by these guys to be a mean-ass fighting machine.
Gunn will begin shooting GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY in June at Shepperton Studios. The North American IRON MAN 3 press day begins tomorrow in Los Angeles, and that strikes me as a good time for Kevin Feige to discuss all manner of Marvel developments. Perhaps we'll get some official GUARDIANS casting news (aside from Chris Pratt).
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 159 total posts 134 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 122 total posts 78 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 180 total posts 37 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 556 total posts 33 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 176 total posts 19 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 104 total posts 14 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 355 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 191 total posts 7 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 63 total posts 7 posts
- In Many Ways We Need Each Other!! Graham & Lecter Reform Their Crimefighting Team On HANNIBAL!! New WHOSE, FIVE-0, BLOODS, UNFORGETTABLE, DIXIE, GUNS, LAST & SMACKDOWN!! Return Of THE WRITERS’ ROOM!! HANGER 1 Finale!! Shatner On CRAIG!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 26 total posts 6 posts