Will Ferrell And Jack Black May Be TAG BROTHERS!
The Wrap is reporting that Will Ferrell and Jack Black may very well share the screen again in TAG BROTHERS, based on the true story of two Spokane buddies who every year play a game of Tag during the month of February, sometimes going so far as to break into each other's houses, and chasing each other across the country. It recently got written about in the Wall Street Journal, and producer Todd Garner's production company Broken Road picked up the rights.
It's now up to screenwriter Mark Steilen to deliver a script to Ferrell and Black's satisfaction. Yeah, I wouldn't want to be in his shoes. The premise sounds really fun, and hopefully Steilen will take this to ridiculous extremes. That's probably the best way this movie would work.
The premise sounds straight out of an 1980s SNL comedy - this would have been something Dan Ackroyd and John Belushi would have eaten with a spoon. I hope they hold nothing back; it's probably unrealistic to expect that this won't be anything other than a PG-13 kind of comedy, but if Ferrell and Black are unleashed with an R rating, I can only imagine the possibilities.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Nordling Recaps BNAT 15! -- 121 total posts 7 posts
- The Trailer For The Wachowskis' JUPITER ASCENDING! -- 124 total posts 3 posts
- A sequel to JACK REACHER is on the way! -- 62 total posts 3 posts
- Peter Berg Says No New FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS Movie -- 121 total posts 3 posts
- And The Apparent Title Of The Next TERMINATOR Movie Is... -- 354 total posts 2 posts
- SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES Writers Developing New TERMINATOR TV Series!! -- 97 total posts 1 post
- The Next STAR TREK!! Variety Says ATTACK THE BLOCK’s Joe Cornish Is Not Directing And Alex Kurtzman Is Not Writing!! -- 317 total posts 1 post