A New Trailer For Neil Jordan's BYZANTIUM!
Vampires in movies have had their teeth pulled. We all know it's true. TWILIGHT took a lot of the eroticism and horror out of them, and now for horror fans they've become something of a joke, cowed by teen fiction and stripped of all the gothic terror of those classic novels and films.
Neil Jordan seems to know this, because BYZANTIUM, his return to the vampire horror genre, seems to be full of all those classic tropes, if the trailer is to be believed. The movie looks fantastic to me; Sean Bobbitt's cinematography looks rich with color and I hope he brings that vivid look to OLDBOY later this year. BYZANTIUM looks like old school Hammer horror to me. Gemma Arterton and Saoirse Ronan are mother and daughter vampires who bring their history and their curse to a small town. I especially love that this seems to be a feminist take on the vampire story, and I'm looking forward to seeing it this June. Here's the trailer:
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- War Machine to join Iron Man and friends in THE AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON!?! -- 97 total posts 97 posts
- Are you ready for VENOM and SINISTER-SIX films? -- 58 total posts 58 posts
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 408 total posts 14 posts
- BBCA Brings Forth New Images From 'The Time of the Doctor' - Matt Smith's Final Episode Of DOCTOR WHO!! -- 137 total posts 12 posts
- Peter Jackson Says Hobbitses Stalled His TINTIN Sequel - But... -- 118 total posts 8 posts
- Sony has hired a writer for BAD BOYS 3, plus updates on the MEN IN BLACK and GHOSTBUSTERS franchises!! -- 312 total posts 8 posts
- First Images from Wally Pfister's TRANSCENDENCE! -- 110 total posts 7 posts
- THE KNIGHTS OF BADASSDOM gets a release date! But which version will we see? -- 26 total posts 6 posts
- Here's A Motion Comic Set Up For I, FRANKENSTEIN!! -- 96 total posts 4 posts
- A Poster For The Badass Looking GODZILLA!! -- 183 total posts 3 posts