A New Trailer For Neil Jordan's BYZANTIUM!
Vampires in movies have had their teeth pulled. We all know it's true. TWILIGHT took a lot of the eroticism and horror out of them, and now for horror fans they've become something of a joke, cowed by teen fiction and stripped of all the gothic terror of those classic novels and films.
Neil Jordan seems to know this, because BYZANTIUM, his return to the vampire horror genre, seems to be full of all those classic tropes, if the trailer is to be believed. The movie looks fantastic to me; Sean Bobbitt's cinematography looks rich with color and I hope he brings that vivid look to OLDBOY later this year. BYZANTIUM looks like old school Hammer horror to me. Gemma Arterton and Saoirse Ronan are mother and daughter vampires who bring their history and their curse to a small town. I especially love that this seems to be a feminist take on the vampire story, and I'm looking forward to seeing it this June. Here's the trailer:
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 52 total posts 20 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 351 total posts 11 posts
- Check Out This Trailer for British Sci-Fi Film THE ANOMALY! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- New Images from Richard Linklater's BOYHOOD! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 154 total posts 6 posts
- SINISTER 2 Has Found its Director! -- 27 total posts 6 posts
- The first trailer for Clint Eastwood's JERSEY BOYS is here! -- 81 total posts 5 posts
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 518 total posts 3 posts
- Robin Williams May Return As Mrs. Doubtfire! -- 215 total posts 3 posts
THE LATE SHOW WITH
1993-2015 -- 424 total posts 2 posts