A New Trailer For Neil Jordan's BYZANTIUM!
Vampires in movies have had their teeth pulled. We all know it's true. TWILIGHT took a lot of the eroticism and horror out of them, and now for horror fans they've become something of a joke, cowed by teen fiction and stripped of all the gothic terror of those classic novels and films.
Neil Jordan seems to know this, because BYZANTIUM, his return to the vampire horror genre, seems to be full of all those classic tropes, if the trailer is to be believed. The movie looks fantastic to me; Sean Bobbitt's cinematography looks rich with color and I hope he brings that vivid look to OLDBOY later this year. BYZANTIUM looks like old school Hammer horror to me. Gemma Arterton and Saoirse Ronan are mother and daughter vampires who bring their history and their curse to a small town. I especially love that this seems to be a feminist take on the vampire story, and I'm looking forward to seeing it this June. Here's the trailer:
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 228 total posts 228 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 180 total posts 180 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 124 total posts 123 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 199 total posts 115 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 109 total posts 66 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 218 total posts 54 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 348 total posts 53 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 58 total posts 46 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 104 total posts 43 posts
- He's not 007 anymore, but Pierce Brosnan is still kicking ass across Europe in the full trailer for THE NOVEMBER MAN! -- 85 total posts 36 posts