Michael Rooker finally locks down a role in James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I wrote up a nice, elaborate piece about Michael Rooker being cast in Guardians of the Galaxy and then the AICN backend decided to randomly refresh itself and I lost it all, so I'm going to give you the short version now. Thanks for nothin' technology!
We all knew Rooker was going to play into Guardians of the Galaxy somehow. For James Gunn not to bring him along would be akin to Scorses doing a gangster movie without inviting De Niro to come play. The question was who would Rooker play. Some fans wanted him to voice and performance capture Rocket Raccoon. I think he would have been a great Groot. Instead, Deadline is saying Mr. Rooker will be playing Yondu, a prominent figure in the original run of the comics.
Yondu is an alien, a hunter and a mystic and good with a bow and a longsword. The curious thing is that Yondu is a big part of the original run of Guardians books, but doesn't play much into the newest series. I've only read up to the last year or so on the new books, so I am a little behind, but I don't remember Yondu popping his head up recently.
Anyway, as long as Rooker is in the movie I'm happy. Whether it's a giant tree or a blue dude with a red mohawk I'm happy.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 51 total posts 51 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 103 total posts 26 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 510 total posts 13 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 33 total posts 10 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 265 total posts 9 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 22 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 11 total posts 3 posts