Are You Ready For BAYMAGEDDON?
I won't lie. Over the years, Michael Bay has grown on me. I still think the TRANSFORMERS movies are awful for the most part - I like the first one and there's moments in the third that are pretty great, but the second one is one of the worst movies I've ever had the displeasure of seeing. But when Michael Bay is unleashed, it's something to behold. The best Bay movies wipe their ass with physics books while causing constant mayhem, and (the very best ones) are unapologetically offensive, sexist, and all of them are in their way fan-fucking-tastic.
This is the part of the article where I try to convince you that BAD BOYS 2 is some kind of insane masterpiece, but frankly. if you don't know, I can't teach you. There are a lot of socially-aware filmmakers out there, like Michael Moore, who make movies to expose various injustices in the world. I know Michael Bay hates poverty. He hates it with every fiber of his being. Do you know how I know that? Because in BAD BOYS 2 he destroys a shantytown in Cuba with a Hummer. Just devastates it. THAT is passionate, advocate filmmaking. He literally runs poverty over. I can also talk about how Michael Bay hates death by using corpses in a car chase, but that is a digression from what this article is about, so...
Next week, Michael Bay's crowning achievement in cinema opens. PAIN & GAIN, crazily enough, is Bay's version of a Coen Brothers movie, with Mark Wahlberg, The Rock, and Anthony Mackie kidnapping Tony Shalhoub for money, and how things go horribly wrong. But nothing goes horribly wrong in a Bay movie - they go awesomely, spectacularly, horribly wrong. I'm not kidding when I say that PAIN & GAIN is one of my most anticipated movies of the year, and I can't wait to see it. And you can see it early this Sunday if you live in Houston, Austin, Kansas City MO, or Littleton, CO! There's even a special menu, full of carbs, protein, and Bayliciousness. Here's the Alamo Drafthouse press release with more:
Alamo Drafthouse is proud to present a special marathon-screening event: BAYMAGEDDON – in Austin, Houston, Kansas City and Littleton. The event will feature a collection of Michael Bay movies, audience games as well as a customized themed menu.Michael Bay has crafted some of the most badass and all-around enjoyable films ever screened in a darkened movie theater...and that is why this April the Alamo Drafthouse, Tough Guy Cinema and Paramount Pictures are celebrating Bay's new release with a non-stop, all-day, all-Bay mainline of eye cocaine called BAYMAGEDDON. Alamo is putting together a collection of their favorite Bay films in an attempt to PUMP YOU UP for a FREE early sneak preview of the white-knuckled thrill ride of his return to form, PAIN AND GAIN. You read that right... four movies, one unadulterated manly night of muscles, mayhem, a mutual love of a man and his craft and any excuse for cinematic mayhem. There will be on-stage games, custom Bay-tastic preshows, prizes, giveaways...and who knows there might even be a surprise or two? If this is your first time Baying, watch out...because once you go Bay, then there's no other way.
So, Austin, Houston, Kansas City Missouri, Littleton Colorado - you read to get BAYSPLODED? I know I am.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 204 total posts 204 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 455 total posts 118 posts
- Cyborg is confirmed to appear in BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN, and we know who's going to play him! -- 109 total posts 109 posts
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 102 total posts 102 posts
- UPDATED (17:15) with image of the cast in character! Meet Jon M. Chu's JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS!! -- 68 total posts 68 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 177 total posts 47 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 75 total posts 46 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 52 total posts 44 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 44 total posts 35 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 55 total posts 33 posts