Are You Ready For BAYMAGEDDON?
I won't lie. Over the years, Michael Bay has grown on me. I still think the TRANSFORMERS movies are awful for the most part - I like the first one and there's moments in the third that are pretty great, but the second one is one of the worst movies I've ever had the displeasure of seeing. But when Michael Bay is unleashed, it's something to behold. The best Bay movies wipe their ass with physics books while causing constant mayhem, and (the very best ones) are unapologetically offensive, sexist, and all of them are in their way fan-fucking-tastic.
This is the part of the article where I try to convince you that BAD BOYS 2 is some kind of insane masterpiece, but frankly. if you don't know, I can't teach you. There are a lot of socially-aware filmmakers out there, like Michael Moore, who make movies to expose various injustices in the world. I know Michael Bay hates poverty. He hates it with every fiber of his being. Do you know how I know that? Because in BAD BOYS 2 he destroys a shantytown in Cuba with a Hummer. Just devastates it. THAT is passionate, advocate filmmaking. He literally runs poverty over. I can also talk about how Michael Bay hates death by using corpses in a car chase, but that is a digression from what this article is about, so...
Next week, Michael Bay's crowning achievement in cinema opens. PAIN & GAIN, crazily enough, is Bay's version of a Coen Brothers movie, with Mark Wahlberg, The Rock, and Anthony Mackie kidnapping Tony Shalhoub for money, and how things go horribly wrong. But nothing goes horribly wrong in a Bay movie - they go awesomely, spectacularly, horribly wrong. I'm not kidding when I say that PAIN & GAIN is one of my most anticipated movies of the year, and I can't wait to see it. And you can see it early this Sunday if you live in Houston, Austin, Kansas City MO, or Littleton, CO! There's even a special menu, full of carbs, protein, and Bayliciousness. Here's the Alamo Drafthouse press release with more:
Alamo Drafthouse is proud to present a special marathon-screening event: BAYMAGEDDON – in Austin, Houston, Kansas City and Littleton. The event will feature a collection of Michael Bay movies, audience games as well as a customized themed menu.Michael Bay has crafted some of the most badass and all-around enjoyable films ever screened in a darkened movie theater...and that is why this April the Alamo Drafthouse, Tough Guy Cinema and Paramount Pictures are celebrating Bay's new release with a non-stop, all-day, all-Bay mainline of eye cocaine called BAYMAGEDDON. Alamo is putting together a collection of their favorite Bay films in an attempt to PUMP YOU UP for a FREE early sneak preview of the white-knuckled thrill ride of his return to form, PAIN AND GAIN. You read that right... four movies, one unadulterated manly night of muscles, mayhem, a mutual love of a man and his craft and any excuse for cinematic mayhem. There will be on-stage games, custom Bay-tastic preshows, prizes, giveaways...and who knows there might even be a surprise or two? If this is your first time Baying, watch out...because once you go Bay, then there's no other way.
So, Austin, Houston, Kansas City Missouri, Littleton Colorado - you read to get BAYSPLODED? I know I am.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- After writing Gareth Edwards' STAR WARS flick, Gary Whitta will move on to Mark Millar's STARLIGHT! -- 183 total posts 27 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! UPDATE RE: UPCOMING UK TIME CHANGE!! -- 163 total posts 26 posts
- CBS, The Only Network Without A Superhero Show, Just Ordered To Series Berlanti’s SUPERGIRL!! -- 67 total posts 21 posts
- Capone says Kevin Smith's wonderfully grotesque TUSK falters when it tries too hard to be funny!!! -- 61 total posts 20 posts
- The GODZILLA Sequel Has A Writer!! -- 212 total posts 19 posts
- Papa Vinyard talks with Rose McGowan about her first project as a director and the DAWN Film Festival she's curating this week in downtown Los Angeles! -- 30 total posts 19 posts
- The Additions of Sam Elliott and DEADWOOD’s Garret Dillahunt Suggest That The Final Season Of JUSTIFIED Will Own Us All!! -- 31 total posts 12 posts
- Harry @ Fantastic Fest 2014: TUSK, REALITI, CUB, TALE OF PRINCESS KAGUYA, HIVE, MAN FROM RENO & FREE FALL! -- 11 total posts 11 posts
- Capone's Art-House Round-Up with THE DISAPPEARANCE OF ELEANOR RIGBY: THEM and Terry Gilliam's THE ZERO THEOREM!!! -- 24 total posts 10 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Tomorrow's THE STRAIN, The Next HOMELAND, Fox’s GOTHAM, Showtime’s THE AFFAIR, ABC’s FOREVER, CBS’ SCORPION & MADAM SECRETARY, Scott Frank’s A WALK AMONG THE TOMBSTONES And The Latest MARVEL, DC & SNL News!! Plus The Return Of Horrorella!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 9 total posts 9 posts