Tom Cruise To Star In YUKIKAZE!
Looks like Tom Cruise has been bitten hard by the science fiction bug - with OBLIVION coming out this week, and then ALL YOU NEED IS KILL next year, Cruise seems to really be reveling in the genre. Hollywood Reporter is saying that Cruise has signed to play the lead in a live-action adaptation of YUKIKAZE, based on the series of novels by Chohel Kambayashi. YUKIKAZE is much beloved by anime fans, having been adapted in 2002 to 2005 into a Japanese television series. I'm not familiar with the source material, but I think I'll check it out right away.
This also returns Cruise to somewhat familiar territory - YUKIKAZE is the nickname of an experimental jet fighter that is used to fend off an alien invasion, and I'm certain Cruise will play the pilot. Get Anthony Edwards to be the co-pilot, and we'll all feel the need for speed again. No word on a director... but why not keep it in the family and get Jake Scott? Just a thought. So will Tom Cruise get his kinda-sorta TOP GUN sequel after all?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 76 total posts 76 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 115 total posts 38 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 277 total posts 21 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 517 total posts 20 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 35 total posts 12 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 23 total posts 5 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 13 total posts 5 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts