Oh, Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day. You certainly know how to make a girl feel wanted.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Picture.
Torn Curtain feels like a lost Hitchcock film a bit to me, in much the same way that Let It Be feels like the lost Beatles album. The majority of the songs on Let It Be are amazing and hardly ever, ever, ever get any radio play (Two of Us, I Me Mine, I Dig A Pony, I’ve Got A Feeling stand out) and aren’t really discussed much when talking about great Beatles music.
The Torn Curtain comparison is a little shaky because it’s far from Hitch’s best work and none of the big moments feel iconic in and of themselves, but it’s a fascinating movie to me because it’s still the master of suspense playing in his wheelhouse with two of the ‘60s most charming actors: Paul Newman and Julie Andrews.
He was on his decline, but still only 6, 7, 8 years off from Psycho, Vertigo and North by Northwest. The movie looks great, the political espionage plot is very much Hitchcockian in its structure, but something doesn’t click right. I’ve seen it a couple of times now and the movie holds my attention, but doesn’t pull me along like his other like films do.
Anyway, that’s a long introduction to this picture, which shows Hitchcock celebrating his 50th motion picture (I’d wager on wrap of Torn Curtain) with his two stars: Newman and Andrews. It’s a nice shot and I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do.
Thanks to Decaying Hollywood Mansions for the image!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tomorrow’s pic is ready for its close up.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 171 total posts 36 posts
- Disney can now make new Indiana Jones Movies!!! But what about Paramount? -- 218 total posts 27 posts
- SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES Writers Developing New TERMINATOR TV Series!! -- 48 total posts 11 posts
LOW WINTER SUN
2013-2013 -- 13 total posts 6 posts
- Jerry Bruckheimer has returned to Paramount and Brett Ratner's BEVERLY HILLS COP IV is now on the way (again)! -- 91 total posts 5 posts
- Fox To Dabble In Shared X-MEN / FF Movieverse!?!? -- 171 total posts 5 posts
- Two More NYMPHOMANIAC Posters... -- 71 total posts 4 posts
- The Annual Official Fake BUTT-NUMB-A-THON 15 List!!! Plus other things like STANDBY news! -- 4 total posts 4 posts
- The Friday Docback Rounds Up This Week's DOCTOR WHO News!! 50th Celebration, 'Time of the Doctor,' HornOrSilk Reviews 'The Assassination Games' Big Finish Audio, And More!! -- 26 total posts 2 posts
- Capone's Art-House Round-Up with IS THE MAN WHO IS TALL HAPPY?, BETTIE PAGE REVEALS ALL, I AM DIVINE and THE GHOSTS IN OUR MACHINE!!! -- 19 total posts 2 posts