Oh, Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day. You certainly know how to make a girl feel wanted.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Picture.
Torn Curtain feels like a lost Hitchcock film a bit to me, in much the same way that Let It Be feels like the lost Beatles album. The majority of the songs on Let It Be are amazing and hardly ever, ever, ever get any radio play (Two of Us, I Me Mine, I Dig A Pony, I’ve Got A Feeling stand out) and aren’t really discussed much when talking about great Beatles music.
The Torn Curtain comparison is a little shaky because it’s far from Hitch’s best work and none of the big moments feel iconic in and of themselves, but it’s a fascinating movie to me because it’s still the master of suspense playing in his wheelhouse with two of the ‘60s most charming actors: Paul Newman and Julie Andrews.
He was on his decline, but still only 6, 7, 8 years off from Psycho, Vertigo and North by Northwest. The movie looks great, the political espionage plot is very much Hitchcockian in its structure, but something doesn’t click right. I’ve seen it a couple of times now and the movie holds my attention, but doesn’t pull me along like his other like films do.
Anyway, that’s a long introduction to this picture, which shows Hitchcock celebrating his 50th motion picture (I’d wager on wrap of Torn Curtain) with his two stars: Newman and Andrews. It’s a nice shot and I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do.
Thanks to Decaying Hollywood Mansions for the image!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
Tomorrow’s pic is ready for its close up.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 230 total posts 205 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 185 total posts 141 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 205 total posts 62 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 559 total posts 36 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 114 total posts 24 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 180 total posts 23 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 66 total posts 10 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 356 total posts 9 posts
- In Many Ways We Need Each Other!! Graham & Lecter Reform Their Crimefighting Team On HANNIBAL!! New WHOSE, FIVE-0, BLOODS, UNFORGETTABLE, DIXIE, GUNS, LAST & SMACKDOWN!! Return Of THE WRITERS’ ROOM!! HANGER 1 Finale!! Shatner On CRAIG!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 29 total posts 9 posts