‘It’s Wonderful To Watch You Wrestle With These Dilemmas!!’
Herc Falls In Love With Diana Rigg All Over Again Via Tonight’s Amazing GAME OF THRONES!!
Game of Thrones 3.2 FAQ
What’s it called?
“Dark Wings, Dark Words.”
Teleplay is credited to Vanessa Taylor (“The Old Gods and the New”).
What says HBO?
“Sansa (Sophie Turner) says too much. Shae (Sibel Kekilli) asks Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) for a favor. Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) finds a way to pass the time. Arya (Maisie Williams) runs into the Brotherhood Without Banners.”
Theon, Brienne, Bran, Osha, Hodor, Varys, and The Hound missed the season opener. Are they back this week?
All but Varys.
Sansa says too much about what?
I shouldn’t say, but the scene in which Sansa spills is a major highlight.
How does Jaime pass the time?
By annoying Brienne.
A Brotherhood Without Banners? Are they like a bunch of masterless samurai or something?
Perhaps? They do prove quite an entertaining bunch.
How does it start?
Bran dreams and appears to learn something important about the three-eyed crow.
The big news?
The series outdoes itself this week. The fabulous Diana Rigg, once Mrs. Emma Peel of The Avengers, joins the cast tonight as Margaery and Loras’ brainy, charming and hilariously candid grandmamma Olenna Tyrell. Rigg is the best thing about this great episode, and establishes herself immediately as something akin to the “Thrones” version of Maggie Smith’s dowager countess Violet Crawley over on “Downton Abbey.”
What else is HBO not telling us?
Everyone hates the cave people. And you might find my post of Jan. 5 useful tonight.
Olenna. Catelyn’s tale. Mance. Arya. Arya’s fat friend. Jaime. Brienne. Joffrey. Hodor. Theon. Thoros and his sidekick. Bran’s new acquaintances. Natalie Dormer generally, and Margaery’s reaction to Sansa’s big reveal in particular. The decision that confronts Brienne. “I want to do this.” “I would have noticed your towhead smacking into the archways.” “We don’t get to choose who we love.” “Not to me.” “That was poor planning.” “You could have picked King Joffrey.” “Because I’m done talking.” “Having you killed would be the high point of his week.” “Yes, well, we shouldn’t be judgmental about these things.” “Something that sounded very painful …” So much more.
What’s not so great?
No Daenerys, Jorah, Tywin, Davos, Stannis, Bronn, Baelish or Ygritte this week.
How does it end, spoiler boy?
“I’d rather he takes yours.”
9 p.m. Sunday. HBO.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 294 total posts 158 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 269 total posts 54 posts
- A New Poster Of Angelina Jolie As MALEFICENT!! -- 53 total posts 53 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 131 total posts 53 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 60 total posts 22 posts
- New BATES, BONES, BEAST, BRAIN, BEING, BELIEVE, BITTEN!! BACHELOR & BEAST Finales!! MOTHER, MOLLY, MORTY, MAYNE, KILL, VOICE, DALLAS, SWITCHED, FOSTERS, ROADSHOW, INTELLIGENCE, STARCROSSED, FOLLOWING, WOLF, RAW, & LOST GIRL!! The Return Of THE PEOPLE’S COUCH!! Emily Mortimer On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 17 total posts 17 posts
- 'We Mustn’t Disappoint Father!!' Check Out The Size Of Dany’s Dragons In The Latest Trailer For GAME OF THRONES Season Four!! -- 15 total posts 15 posts
- Papa Vinyard's Oscar Sunday: MANHATTAN MELODRAMA (1934) -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 314 total posts 13 posts
- Quint thinks Nick Stoller's NEIGHBORS is heartfelt, hysterical and all kinds of messed up! SXSW 2014! -- 10 total posts 10 posts