‘It’s Wonderful To Watch You Wrestle With These Dilemmas!!’
Herc Falls In Love With Diana Rigg All Over Again Via Tonight’s Amazing GAME OF THRONES!!
Game of Thrones 3.2 FAQ
What’s it called?
“Dark Wings, Dark Words.”
Teleplay is credited to Vanessa Taylor (“The Old Gods and the New”).
What says HBO?
“Sansa (Sophie Turner) says too much. Shae (Sibel Kekilli) asks Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) for a favor. Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) finds a way to pass the time. Arya (Maisie Williams) runs into the Brotherhood Without Banners.”
Theon, Brienne, Bran, Osha, Hodor, Varys, and The Hound missed the season opener. Are they back this week?
All but Varys.
Sansa says too much about what?
I shouldn’t say, but the scene in which Sansa spills is a major highlight.
How does Jaime pass the time?
By annoying Brienne.
A Brotherhood Without Banners? Are they like a bunch of masterless samurai or something?
Perhaps? They do prove quite an entertaining bunch.
How does it start?
Bran dreams and appears to learn something important about the three-eyed crow.
The big news?
The series outdoes itself this week. The fabulous Diana Rigg, once Mrs. Emma Peel of The Avengers, joins the cast tonight as Margaery and Loras’ brainy, charming and hilariously candid grandmamma Olenna Tyrell. Rigg is the best thing about this great episode, and establishes herself immediately as something akin to the “Thrones” version of Maggie Smith’s dowager countess Violet Crawley over on “Downton Abbey.”
What else is HBO not telling us?
Everyone hates the cave people. And you might find my post of Jan. 5 useful tonight.
Olenna. Catelyn’s tale. Mance. Arya. Arya’s fat friend. Jaime. Brienne. Joffrey. Hodor. Theon. Thoros and his sidekick. Bran’s new acquaintances. Natalie Dormer generally, and Margaery’s reaction to Sansa’s big reveal in particular. The decision that confronts Brienne. “I want to do this.” “I would have noticed your towhead smacking into the archways.” “We don’t get to choose who we love.” “Not to me.” “That was poor planning.” “You could have picked King Joffrey.” “Because I’m done talking.” “Having you killed would be the high point of his week.” “Yes, well, we shouldn’t be judgmental about these things.” “Something that sounded very painful …” So much more.
What’s not so great?
No Daenerys, Jorah, Tywin, Davos, Stannis, Bronn, Baelish or Ygritte this week.
How does it end, spoiler boy?
“I’d rather he takes yours.”
9 p.m. Sunday. HBO.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 235 total posts 235 posts
- Find Out How E.T. Nearly Killed Video Games In Trailer For Zak Penn's Documentary, ATARI: GAME OVER! -- 356 total posts 228 posts
- Trailer for NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3...yeah, you're welcome! -- 156 total posts 156 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 137 total posts 137 posts
- First Poster for THE HATEFUL EIGHT Arrives, Confirming 2015 Release! -- 121 total posts 121 posts
- 5th Week of July 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: LYNCH - HERZOG - JAA - ARONOFSKY - KASDAN - WOODSTOCK!!! -- 320 total posts 109 posts
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 94 total posts 94 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 583 total posts 61 posts
- International Trailer and Clip for Australian Horror Film THE BABADOOK! -- 70 total posts 56 posts
- Red Band Trailer for THE DEAD 2: INDIA! -- 51 total posts 38 posts