AMC says of “The Doorway,” “Mad Men’s” 2-hour 6th season premiere:
"Don spearheads a new campaign; Roger gets unsettling news; Betty takes in a houseguest."
Predictions for tonight’s two-hour opener in invisotext. I beg you not to read them.
* Season six will begin in winter.
* We will learn the show has jumped far enough ahead in time (we last saw Don and Megan in early 1967) that Sterling Cooper now employs a bunch of damn dirty hippies.
* Don’s campaign will be for the Royal Hawaiian Hotel.
* Don and Roger will be rocked by a pair of deaths.
* A heart attack will claim one character.
* Don’s doorman will be one of the victims.
* Roger will seek therapy.
* We will learn that Megan has grown so famous that she’s not beyond being recognized on the street.
* Megan will cavort in bikinis as she joins Don in Hawaii.
* A sleepless Don will meet a drunk serviceman who, soon to be shipped to Vietnam, is hours from his wedding. Don will agree to give away the bride.
* We will learn Don is now cheating on Megan.
9 p.m. Sunday. AMC.