Bryan Singer tweets first picture of the updated Beast from X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I am both giddily excited and nervous as hell for X-Men: Days of Future Past. Along with the Black Suit Saga, Kraven's Last Hunt and the Dark Phoenix Saga it's my favorite comic book storyline ever. It grabbed me in that simple, unrelenting way that a great comic story can hook a child's imagination and the potential for a feature film is incredible.
The potential to fuck it up is also incredible, so I get nervous. I can't help it.
I liked Nicholas Hoult as Beast in FIRST CLASS, I dug that makeup. Today Singer tweeted a picture of half of Beast's face in Days of Future Past and it's not drastically different, but there are changes that seemed geared around showing more of the human beneath the blue. The nose area is less animalistic. Here's the tweet:
"Many a monster wears the form of a man; it is better of the two to have the heart of a man & the form of a monster" twitter.com/BryanSinger/st…— Bryan Singer (@BryanSinger) April 5, 2013
If Singer actually does tell a quasi-apocalyptic story here then I'll be happy. It's only natural to use Days of Future Past to split the First Class world away from the first X-Men trilogy and I'd like that, to be honest. In fact, I made a case for just that very thing in January of 2012 because I'm, like, totally smart and ahead of the curve.
But if he drops the ball on it the same way Brett Ratner dropped the ball on the Dark Phoenix Saga then there'll be hell to pay. The wrath of geeks like me will be unimaginable. Well, mostly just bitching on the internet, but unimaginable bitching on the internet!
Here's a big version of the whole image:
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Check Out Spidey and Electro in the First Clip from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2! -- 154 total posts 154 posts
- ‘Nobody’s Interested In Your Texts!!’ President Barack Obama Takes On Zach Galifianakis BETWEEN TWO FERNS!! -- 184 total posts 149 posts
- Is one of these guys ready to play Dr. Victor Von Doom in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 260 total posts 129 posts
- Quint has seen Gareth Edwards and Legendary's Godzilla presentation at SXSW! Full on Kaiju badassery! -- 86 total posts 86 posts
- A New Scene From THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2!! -- 76 total posts 76 posts
- SXSW 2014: Nordling Reviews THE RAID 2: BERANDAL! -- 68 total posts 68 posts
- Jason Sudeikis to star as the Laker lovin', disguise wearin' Irwin "Fletch" Fletcher in FLETCH WON! -- 115 total posts 43 posts
- The LEGO MOVIE Sequel Finds Its Director - Will He Be A Master Builder?? -- 34 total posts 34 posts
- The Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Badassity Of TITANFALL Is Now Upon Us!! -- 84 total posts 25 posts
- See The Flash's Full Costume For The New CW Show!! -- 90 total posts 24 posts