AICN Toys: Chucky, Minimates Enterprise, HALO 4, Winston Churchill, STREET FIGHTER, And More!!
John Ary here with a quick look at a few action figure lines that are making headlines this week... As always click on the photos for an embiggened version and for more info follow the pre-order links...
CHILD'S PLAY FROM MEZCO TOYZ
Hide your children! Mezco Toyz has a couple of new
dolls action figures from the Child’s Play horror films on the way. The first stands 10-inches tall with 5 points of articulation and cloth clothing. The Mega Scale version stands 15-inches high with 11 points of articulation, glass eyes, and a big knife. Both of these bad boys go on sale in August.
PLAY ARTS KAI KEN AND SAKURA FROM SQUARE ENIX
Originally, Ryu’s training partner with the dyed-blonde hair only had one name, Ken. It wasn’t until Hasbro produced a line of Street Fighter movie action figures that he received his last name, Masters. Soon this martial arts badass will get a much more detailed and articulated action figure than that original 3.75-inch G.I.Joe-inspired release. Sakura will also join him in the Play Arts Kai toy line. The Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Editions of these characters come with two of sets of hands, two faces and a special effects feature. Mr. Masters is up for preorder here, while Sakura can be reserved here.
MINIMATES ENTERPRISES FROM DIAMOND SELECT TOYS
I hope old school Star Trek fans will appreciate Diamond Select's latest round of Minimate vehicles. In my opinion it's better than yuch on a sundae. We'll be getting three versions of Captain Kirk and his trusty ship. The standard set features Kirk in his yellow uniform. The Entertainment Earth exclusive gives us a Mirror, Mirror version of the NCC-1701. Finally, Action Figure Express will have the exclusive on a "Trouble with Tribbles" version of the ship with Kirk surrounded by the cute little creatures while wearing his green tunic. majQa' Diamond Select... majQa'. Look for all of these to release in May.
HALO 4 DIDACT FROM McFARLANE TOYS
100,000 years ago, the Didact served as the military leader of the Forerunners, who battled both the ancient humans and the Flood. Way to go Master Chief! If it wasn’t for you, the Didact wouldn’t have been released from his prison, and the universe wouldn’t have had to fight the Prometheans. This new action figure stands nine inches tall with 29 points of articulation and he comes with a special code that releases new content in Halo 4. He’ll release in September.
WINSTON CHURCHILL FROM DID CORPORATION
Thanks to the DID Corporation, your 1/6 scale Doctor Who figure can now interact with one of the heroes of WWII. The company will soon release a deluxe action figure of Winston Churchill, former prime minister of England. History buffs will get two head sculpts, three swappable hands, a fabric outfit, leather shoes, two long cigars with a holder, a pocket watch, a mic with stand, and much more. Look for him in July or preorder this historical figure here.
And finally this week, friend to AICN Toys StewMurray47 got an early look at the upcoming 3.75-inch Solomon Grundy action figure from the Injustice: Gods Among Us toy line.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Evangeline Lilly Instagrams Her ANT-MAN Look!! -- 124 total posts 124 posts
- Superman gets a new costume for BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 247 total posts 114 posts
- Check Out this Awesome Trailer for AUTOMATA - Antonio Banderas and Robots! -- 116 total posts 109 posts
- So, What Is This BATMAN v SUPERMAN Prop Newspaper Showing Us?? [MILD SPOILER] -- 70 total posts 70 posts
- Check out a description for the first trailer for Quentin Tarantino's THE HATEFUL EIGHT! -- 108 total posts 64 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 297 total posts 59 posts
- A Provocative New Trailer For THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES!! Nic Cage, Tim Burton, Kevin Smith… -- 406 total posts 55 posts
- Behold The Probably Offensive But Kinda Cool DEAD SNOW 2 Poster!! -- 42 total posts 42 posts
- Don't count Andy Serkis' JUNGLE BOOK out just yet! He's scored Batman, Galadriel, Moneypenny, and Smaug for his cast! -- 103 total posts 25 posts
- Showtime Renews MASTERS OF SEX And RAY DONOVAN For Third Seasons!! -- 18 total posts 18 posts