Live in Chicago? Capone has seats for an advance screening of Danny Boyle's TRANCE!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
It's hard to believe it's only been about two-and-a-half years since director Danny Boyle gave us the much-hailed 127 HOURS. Since then he directed a wildly successful stage version of FRANKENSTEIN (two versions, technically) for the London stage and engineered a little dog-and-pony show known as the opening ceremony of the London Olympics (so technically Boyle has directed a James Bond movie, albeit a short film). But with his latest film, TRANCE, Boyle is back to giving us his classic brand of mind-fuck cinema.
TRANCE stars James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson and Vincent Cassel in a work that is part heist film, part psychological thriller, part trippy sexy adventure, and all classic, kinetic Boyle. And that's all you need to know, because the less you know about this remarkable little gem of a film, the better. And I've got a whole lot of reserved seats for Chicago-area Ain't it Cool News readers for a screening of TRANCE taking place Tuesday, April 9 at 7pm at a theater in downtown Chicago (the exact location will not only be given to winners).
Send me an email at TranceChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "Was I hypnotized?" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (winners can bring one CONFIRMED guest, whose name is not required), and the answer to the following question: "What is your favorite mind-fuck movie, and why?" The word limit on this answer is 75 words or less (anything over that goes in the trash.) The most interesting, specific answers (as judged by me) will win. Winners will hear from me soon. Entrants must be at least 18 years old to win.
Although this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool screening, winners will have reserved seats until 6:45pm, at which time any unclaimed seats will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. Not showing up because the weather is bad is not an excuse; you live in Chicago, you know the odds of the weather being shitty are elevated.
I want you to read the previous paragraph and this paragraph very carefully. We've had way too many last-minute cancellations at recent screenings, so the 24-hour cancellation policy does not apply for this screening. If you enter this contest, win, and cancel or don't show up for ANY REASON, the black list will become your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to Fox Searchlight Pictures for giving us this awesome screening.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 391 total posts 71 posts
- At Long Last, Our First Trailer For MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!! Official Vid Of Comic-Con Reel!! -- 498 total posts 47 posts
- SDCC '14: First footage of Batman vs Superman screens!!! Now w/ hi-res look at Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman!! -- 677 total posts 12 posts
- SDCC '14: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 flying into our galaxy in July 2017! -- 89 total posts 8 posts
- Full banner and character posters from AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON! -- 196 total posts 7 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Luc Besson’s LUCY, MONTY PYTHON LIVE (MOSTLY), Tomorrow’s LEFTOVERS And The Latest STAR WARS, DC, MARVEL, LOUIE, 24, HBO & GAME OF THRONES News!! Plus The Return Of AICN’s Own Horrorella!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 270 total posts 5 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint checks out Marvel's Ant-Man panel and sees a nifty teaser sequence! -- 58 total posts 4 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen actual footage from George Miller's MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!!! -- 111 total posts 4 posts
- ‘You Have Failed This City!!’ When Atom Met ARROW!! 2.5 Minutes Of Season Three!! -- 39 total posts 3 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has a ton of photos and highlights from Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron panel! -- 97 total posts 2 posts