Kenneth Branagh Narrows CINDERELLA Search Down To Three Actresses! Tired Glass Slipper Analogy!
Emma Watson may not want the role, but damn near every other actress her age would kill their spin instructor for the lead in Disney's live-action take on CINDERELLA. After a lengthy search, Deadline claims the competition is down to three hopefuls.
Bella Heathcote, Lily James and Margot Robbie are evidently the finalists in director Kenneth Branagh's glass slipper sweepstakes. Unlike Watson, these young performers have yet to land a breakout role, which suggests that the part of Lady Tremaine (already filled by Cate Blanchett) kinda overshadows the title character. If I were Watson, I wouldn't want to compete against Blanchett's wicked stepmother histrionics either.
The screenplay is by A-listers Aline Brosh McKenna and Chris Weitz, so this isn't some half-hearted rendition on Disney's part. But it is worth noting that Amanda Seyfried was once circling the project as well. That they're going for lesser-known actresses at this point is telling. Whoever gets the part, they'll eventually live happily ever after with Richard "Robb Stark" Madden's Prince Charming.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 91 total posts 91 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 126 total posts 49 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 526 total posts 29 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 280 total posts 24 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 38 total posts 15 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 32 total posts 14 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 138 total posts 9 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 336 total posts 7 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 233 total posts 7 posts