Disney's Planes gets a sneak peek trailer thingy!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I'm trying really hard not to be cynical about Planes. I try to remind myself that at one point Toy Story 2 looked like a bad idea, too. It was going straight to video and then mid-stream they changed their minds and it turned out to be one of my favorite sequels in recent memory.
Then again that was all in house at Pixar and Planes is a spinoff of my least favorite series they developed and it's not even being made by the Pixar team, but rather Disney's Toon Studios.
Visually the below footage looks impressive and definitely doesn't have a direct to video vibe, so at least we know the production value was raised along with its theatrical release status.
I just find it really hard to get invested in this universe. I'm glad it's making Disney a ton of money, but let's just say I'm happy that Bob Peterson and Pete Docter are developing a couple of original films at Pixar.
Here's the sneak peek footage:
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 109 total posts 25 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 180 total posts 16 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 308 total posts 13 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 55 total posts 13 posts
- From The Wasteland Emerges A MAD MAX: FURY ROAD Teaser Poster! -- 185 total posts 10 posts
- Latino Review’s El Mayimbe aka Umberto Gonzalez is set to direct the digital actioner, BREAKNECK! -- 17 total posts 10 posts
- Trailer for OUT OF PRINT, a documentary about the New Beverly Theater and the importance of preserving 35mm exhibition! -- 35 total posts 9 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 18 total posts 8 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 68 total posts 7 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 389 total posts 6 posts