Good Has The Key To Defeating Evil In New Trailer For THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS: CITY OF BONES!!
The Kidd here...
Young adult novel series are all the rage in Hollywood these days, with studios trying to scap up whatever they can in the hopes of striking it big with the next TWILIGHT-type of franchise. Considering the money those films took in for Summit, to the point that they are able to take chances on other riskier properties, it's hard to blame them.
Cassandra Clare's best-selling fantasy series THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS is the one Screen Gems has its money on, adapting the battle between good and evil that begins in CITY OF BONES for the summer season this year. Now something with Harald Zwart directing wouldn't normally grab my interest, as I don't think the man's made a quality film yet (ONE NIGHT AT McCOOL'S, AGENT CODY BANKS, THE PINK PANTHER 2, THE KARATE KID remake), but, in doing my research, I've seen this teen fight against monsters described as Buffy-esque on the page, so... well, they've got my attention. Whether or not they can pull something off like that remains to be seen, but I'll give this one its fair shot. After all, something that has the sense to feature a soothing Jared Harris voiceover can't be all bad, can it?
Take a look at the new trailer and see what you think.
CITY OF BONES: THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS opens on August 23.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Edgar Wright's Next Project Revealed! -- 119 total posts 11 posts
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 550 total posts 10 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 165 total posts 7 posts
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 147 total posts 6 posts
- A Recently Recovered Gene Roddenberry Interview Leads To A Kickstarter About The Early Days Of STAR TREK!! -- 70 total posts 4 posts
- "I would never order an alcoholic beverage on the bridge..." Trailer for SPACE STATION 76 has its heart firmly in place and its tongue firmly in cheek! -- 53 total posts 4 posts
- New Trailer Promises the Creepiest HONEYMOON Ever! -- 22 total posts 4 posts
- Fox Networks Group Chairman Peter Rice: ‘I’d Love To See Another Season Of 24!!’ -- 159 total posts 4 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 331 total posts 4 posts
- A New & Full Length Trailer For Disney XD’s STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 55 total posts 3 posts