The Vulcan Vault: THE BLOOD OF HEROES (1989) - Directed And Written By The Scritper Of BLADE RUNNER, UNFORGIVEN, And TWELVE MONKEYS!!
John Ary here with another installment of The Vulcan Vault...
Today our friend Rockie explores the extreme sub-genre of post-apocalyptic sports films. At first glance 1989's The Blood of Heroes looks like a Mad Max ripoff, but this movie strives for something much different. Think of it as an NFL underdog story, but instead of the pigskin, shoulder pads and stadiums, these futuristic athletes sport dog skulls, chain weapons and layers of dried blood. Welcome to the world of the "juggers" as envisioned by the guy who penned the screenplays for Blade Runner, Unforgiven and 12 Monkeys.
The Blood of Heroes is available on DVD and currently streaming on Amazon. If you want to see more episodes of The Vulcan Vault, be sure to subscribe to the AICN Youtube channel and check back in here every Tuesday.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Superman & Lois Lane get wet together!!! BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!! -- 293 total posts 228 posts
- Capone examines how THE NOVEMBER MAN takes the weakest James Bond and makes him a killer spy!!! -- 142 total posts 142 posts
- Mike Epps Is Lee Daniels's Richard Pryor! -- 141 total posts 80 posts
- Ridley Scott Says The BLADE RUNNER Sequel Is Written And It’s… -- 433 total posts 77 posts
- Copernicus interviews Andy Weir, author of THE MARTIAN -- Ridley Scott's next film! -- 55 total posts 55 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 276 total posts 47 posts
- BIG HERO 6 Coming To Disney Infinity 2.0!! And STAR WARS!? -- 36 total posts 36 posts
- Fox To Remake LAURA With A Screenplay By James Ellroy! -- 54 total posts 33 posts
- Harry Potter Gets Horny!! No, Really!! See, He Has HORNS!! -- 31 total posts 31 posts
- A New Poster For Robert Downey Jr’s THE JUDGE (It Has A Great Cast)!! -- 24 total posts 24 posts