If All Goes Well, We May Soon Have More EVIL DEAD Than We Can Shake A Boomstick At!!
With the re-imagined/re-booted/re-whatevered EVIL DEAD bursting into theaters this Friday (many accounts say it's a wondrously bloody and brutal and mean exercise in horror craftsmanship - can't wait!)...and with talk of Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell developing a fourth (third?) Ash movie (the duo also produced the brand new, Ash-less picture)...where does it all go from here?
Well, if Fede Alvarez...director of the most recent installment has his way...this is how it'll play out. Per ComingSoon, Alvarez hinted at the shape of possibilities to come while on a panel at WonderCon over the weekend.
Assuming the film does well at the box office, Alvarez says that he's got big plans for the franchise. He'd like to make a sequel to this one while Sam Raimi moves forward with Army of Darkness 2. Then, both worlds would combine for a final, seventh film.
"I think seven is a nice number," Campbell grinned.
...says CS HERE.
In THIS piece at Empire, Campbell indicates his interst in seeing Ash roaming something of an OMEGA MAN world...which I can totally imagine and makes a lot of sense. However, it should be pointed out that this is merely shooting the shit and should in now way be seen as gospel at this point.
Come what may, sounds like there may well be quite a bit more EVIL DEAD in our futures if we turn out to support the cause. I hear the new film is pretty legit, despite some fans' earlier misgivings and apprehensions about it. So showing it our love may well pay off in the long run for those of us wanting to see Ash back on screens. Here's hoping...
- Google +
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 191 total posts 91 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 184 total posts 47 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 122 total posts 31 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 84 total posts 28 posts
- Quint is surprisingly quite fond of Kevin Smith's TUSK! Fantastic Fest 2014! -- 23 total posts 23 posts
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 432 total posts 21 posts
- Another New (And Rather Cool) INTERSTELLAR Poster!! -- 206 total posts 11 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 37 total posts 9 posts
- The Premiere Of TIM & ERIC’s BEDTIME STORIES!! New GARFUNKEL, HAVEN & LOSER!! HONORABLE, RUSH, WORST, NAKED, MARRIED & SATISFACTION Finales!! The Return Of BREAKING AMISH!! Terry Gilliam On COLBERT!! Carmen Lynch On CRAIG!! Julianna & Viggo On SETH!! Ali Wong @MIDNIGHT!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 11 total posts 8 posts
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 166 total posts 7 posts