AICN Toys: Hot Toys Iron Patriot, Mattel Batusi Batman And Cesar Romero Joker, Medicom Link, Daft Punk From Bandai, And G.I. JOE: RETALIATION Electornic Ninja Commando Snake Eyes!!
John Ary here with a quick look at a few action figure lines that are making headlines this week... As always click on the photos for an embiggened version and for more info follow the pre-order links...
IRON PATRIOT FROM HOT TOYS
If you're going to make a deluxe action figure based on an armored superhero, why not use a little heavy metal to up the authenticity? The 1/6 scale Iron Patriot contains diecast material, a head sculpt bearing the likeness of Don Cheadle (not pictured), an alternate light-up head, 36 points of articulation, multiple interchangeable hands, a rotatable machine gun on the back, and LEDs on the chest, palms and figure stand. He’s up for preorder now with an arrival date sometime in November.
BATUSI BATMAN AND CESAR ROMERO JOKER FROM MATTEL
To quote Cesar Romero from the 1966 Batman movie, "A joke a day, keeps the gloom away!" Based on these newly released pics from Mattel, it's safe to say that the final two figures to round out wave 1 of the upcoming classic Batman toys are no joke. Cesar Romero’s Joker will get the six-inch treatment this summer, complete with green hair and purple suit. Also the dance Adam West made famous will be featured in a San Diego Comic Con exclusive release. The Batusi Batman will come in a special box with hands and arms perfectly positioned to boogie down bat-style.
UNIVERSAL MONSTERS CLOTH SERIES 4 FROM DIAMOND SELECT TOYS
DST will team up with EMCE Toys again for another round of 8-inch Mego-styled monsters. This time classic sci-fi and horror fans can expect to see Lon Chaney’s Phantom of the Opera and the Metaluna Mutant from This Island Earth grace the shelves of your local toy or specialty store. Each figure has real fabric clothing, comes in resealable retro-styled packaging and sports multiple points of articulation. These will creep into toy collections in September or you can preorder them here.
REAL ACTION HEROES LINK FROM MEDICOM
The protector of Hyrule will soon get his own 1/6 scale action figure. This RAH Link features 2 interchangeable faces and 4 eye parts for customizing his expressions. He also comes with some of his most famous weapons from Skyward Sword and a display stand. He should hit the states in November or you can preorder him here.
DAFT PUNK FROM BANDAI
Just in time for the duo’s new album, Bluefin Tamashii Nations USA confirms Daft Punk will be inducted into the S.H.Figuarts action figure series. The electronic music maestros will each stand a little under 6-inches high with multiple points of articulation and feature their signature helmets with a shiny metallic finish. Look for these two in November.
And finally this week, Hasbro sent me some fun G.I. Joe schwag to coincide with the release of Retaliation. Here's a quick review of one of the items that I received, the 12-inch electronic Ninja Commando Snake Eyes action figure...
I hate to horde all the cool G.I. Joe goodies for myself, so I'm giving away the coolest thing they sent me, this 3.75-inch scale Ninja Combat Cruiser with Night Fox. If you want to win it, follow me on Twitter at (@john_ary) and tweet me the answer to the following question with the hashtag #AICNTOYS... In the Ninja Commando Snake Eyes review I compare its plastic to some other 12-inch action figures. Name one of the characters that I specifically mention. I'll randomly pick one winner on Monday morning at 9am CST. Good luck!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 296 total posts 146 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 300 total posts 19 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 575 total posts 9 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 225 total posts 5 posts
- MTV Movie Awards drops an opening scene from X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST! And it rocks! -- 317 total posts 4 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 194 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 249 total posts 3 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 2 total posts 2 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 195 total posts 2 posts
- Stallone Talks EXPENDABLES Casting Approach!! Nicholson!?!? -- 288 total posts 2 posts