Captain Kirk And The Gorn Step Back Into The Arena In This Brilliant Commercial For STAR TREK: THE VIDEO GAME!
"Arena" is my all-time favorite STAR TREK TOS episode. The Gene L. Coon teleplay offers both a deftly constructed commentary on the stupidity of war, and, ironically, the most viscerally satisfying throwdown in the show's history. It's Captain Kirk against a representative of a lizard-like race called The Gorn. Even if you don't know the original STAR TREK series all that well, chances are The Gorn will ring a bell.
So who better to corral in order to sell the new STAR TREK: THE VIDEO GAME than the OG Captain Kirk and his old, scaly sparring partner! I really, really love this.
I used to have The Gorn action figure back in the day. I'm pretty sure our basset hound ended him.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 273 total posts 17 posts
- I'd watch Simon Pegg and Monty Python in ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING! -- 60 total posts 14 posts
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Teaser Posters Portend The Arrival Of Next Week's Trailer!! -- 147 total posts 11 posts
- Our First Sense Of Uni's FAST AND THE FURIOUS 7 Strategy?? -- 137 total posts 11 posts
- THE PURGE 2 to be headed up by Frank Grillo! -- 38 total posts 10 posts
- A Poster For The Badass Looking GODZILLA!! -- 157 total posts 10 posts
- Is Jason Clarke Our New John Connor? -- 201 total posts 8 posts
- Samuel L. Jackson in Talks for David Yates' TARZAN! -- 102 total posts 7 posts
- Sony has hired a writer for BAD BOYS 3, plus updates on the MEN IN BLACK and GHOSTBUSTERS franchises!! -- 295 total posts 6 posts
- Ohmygod Ohmygod, you guys! The Godzilla trailer! -- 688 total posts 5 posts