FX Greenlights Sitcom Pilot From Genius BEING JOHN MALKOVICH Screenwriter Charlie Kaufman!!
Oscar-winning writer-director Charlie Kaufman, who got his start writing Fox’s Chris Elliott sitcom “Get A Life,” is looking to get back into the sitcom game.
FX has just given Kaufman the greenlight to write and direct a pilot for “How and Why,” a comedy about a troubled nuclear scientist.
Before he wrote “Being John Malkovich,” “Human Nature,” “Adaptation,” “Confessions of a Dangerous Mind,” “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind,” Kaufman helped script Fox’s Julie Brown/Jennifer Aniston sketch show “The Edge,” as well as 1996 half-hours “The Dana Carvey Show” and “Ned and Stacey.”
Kaufman has more recently taken to directing his own work, starting with 2008’s “Synecdoche, New York.” His next big-screen directorial effort, “Frank Or Francis,” examines how idiots oversee the film industry.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- War Machine to join Iron Man and friends in THE AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON!?! -- 43 total posts 43 posts
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 402 total posts 8 posts
- Sony has hired a writer for BAD BOYS 3, plus updates on the MEN IN BLACK and GHOSTBUSTERS franchises!! -- 309 total posts 5 posts
- Here's A Motion Comic Set Up For I, FRANKENSTEIN!! -- 96 total posts 4 posts
- Peter Jackson Says Hobbitses Stalled His TINTIN Sequel - But... -- 114 total posts 4 posts
- BBCA Brings Forth New Images From 'The Time of the Doctor' - Matt Smith's Final Episode Of DOCTOR WHO!! -- 129 total posts 4 posts
- A Poster For The Badass Looking GODZILLA!! -- 183 total posts 3 posts
- WORLD WAR Z 2 is a go and Paramount has found a director to helm the sequel. -- 186 total posts 2 posts
- Nordling Recaps BNAT 15! -- 280 total posts 2 posts
- Samuel L. Jackson in Talks for David Yates' TARZAN! -- 157 total posts 2 posts