Live in Chicago? Capone has seats for an early screening of JURASSIC PARK 3-D!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
What can you truly say about Steven Spielberg's JURASSIC PARK, except that you are long overdue to see it on the big screening once again. My recollection was that the film was the first to make computer-generated special effects feel completely real and allow them to move almost seamlessly within a world of real actors. It might also be the first time I can recall where an digital creation scared the crap out of me so totally. But in the end, Spielberg took the characters from Michael Crichton's novel and made them feel real, made us care whether they lived or died, and put them in a story whose science felt plausible…in the world of movies at least.
For any of you who have been in a 3-D movie in the last few weeks, you've probably seen the exquisite 3-D trailer for JURASSIC PARK, which is released April 5 in 3-D. And I've got 50 reserved seats for Chicago-area Ain't it Cool News readers for a screening taking place Tuesday, April 2 at 7pm at a theater in downtown Chicago (the exact location will not only be given to winners).
Send me an email at JurassicChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "Welcome to Jurassic Park!" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (winners can bring one guest, whose name is not required), and the answer to the following question: "What moment in JURASSIC PARK are you most looking forward to in 3-D, and why?" The word limit on this answer is 75 words or less (anything over that goes in the trash.) The most interesting answers (as judged by me) will win. Winners will hear from me soon.
Although this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool screening, winners will have reserved seats until 6:45pm, at which time any unclaimed seats will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. Not showing up because the weather is bad is not an excuse; you live in Chicago, you know the odds of the weather being shitty are elevated.
I want you to read the previous paragraph and this paragraph very carefully. We've had way too many last-minute cancellations at recent screenings, so the 24-hour cancellation policy does not apply for this screening. If you enter this contest, win, and cancel or don't show up for ANY REASON, the black list will become your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to Universal Pictures for giving us this awesome screening.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 409 total posts 89 posts
- At Long Last, Our First Trailer For MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!! Official Vid Of Comic-Con Reel!! -- 540 total posts 89 posts
- SDCC '14: First footage of Batman vs Superman screens!!! Now w/ hi-res look at Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman!! -- 687 total posts 22 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint runs down the AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON footage!!! -- 156 total posts 14 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen actual footage from George Miller's MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!!! -- 117 total posts 10 posts
- SDCC '14: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 flying into our galaxy in July 2017! -- 90 total posts 9 posts
- Full banner and character posters from AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON! -- 197 total posts 8 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint checks out Marvel's Ant-Man panel and sees a nifty teaser sequence! -- 61 total posts 7 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has a ton of photos and highlights from Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron panel! -- 101 total posts 6 posts
- SDCC '14: Gareth Edwards confirmed to direct GODZILLA 2! Also, a few familiar monsters we should expect! -- 138 total posts 5 posts