The Trailer For BIRDEMIC 2 Sticks Its Landing!! (Yes, They Made A Sequel To BIRDEMIC!!)
The Kidd here...
You haven't truly seen the worst of the worst until you've sat through BIRDEMIC: SHOCK AND TERROR in all of its awful glory... and I'm not talking about the RiffTrax take on it, which manages to turn the whole thing into one big joke. I'm speaking solely on you choosing to watch this piece of film history from "visionary director" James Nguyen as-is, stomaching the laughable special effects, the horrendous acting and the utterly ridiculous plot, bearing witness to what happens when untalented people work with more untalented people to create a trainwreck of epic proportions.
But sort of like THE ROOM, BIRDEMIC has reached cult status over the years by people who feel the need to watch it again and again in order to see just how bad a film can be. I'll admit... the first time I saw it was at the promoting of a friend who told me I needed to watch this movie that perfectly defined what I had come to know as "a piece of shit." Well, all that popularity stemming from BIRDEMIC being atrocious has led us to this very moment... the coming of BIRDEMIC 2: THE RESURRECTION.
Oh, yes... this is a very real thing, so real that Yahoo! has premiered the trailer for the film today... and, if for no other reason than you've got three minutes you aren't really doing anything useful with at the moment anyway, you really should take a look...
My curiosity has really gotten the better of me after watching this. I just can't stop wondering what the approach is to making a film like this. You already know your first film is somehow beloved yet incredibly bad... so, for the sequel, do you try to top that by being even worse? When you bring in cast to audition for roles, do you want the best of the worst or rather the worst of the worst?
Okay... I'm spending way too much time thinking about a film that had no real thought put into it whatsoever... but I can't help it. BIRDEMIC 2 baffles the mind.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 675 total posts 52 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 404 total posts 38 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 360 total posts 25 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 36 total posts 19 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 210 total posts 19 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 359 total posts 12 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 11 total posts 11 posts
- A New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 9 total posts 9 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 308 total posts 9 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 318 total posts 9 posts