The Trailer For BIRDEMIC 2 Sticks Its Landing!! (Yes, They Made A Sequel To BIRDEMIC!!)
The Kidd here...
You haven't truly seen the worst of the worst until you've sat through BIRDEMIC: SHOCK AND TERROR in all of its awful glory... and I'm not talking about the RiffTrax take on it, which manages to turn the whole thing into one big joke. I'm speaking solely on you choosing to watch this piece of film history from "visionary director" James Nguyen as-is, stomaching the laughable special effects, the horrendous acting and the utterly ridiculous plot, bearing witness to what happens when untalented people work with more untalented people to create a trainwreck of epic proportions.
But sort of like THE ROOM, BIRDEMIC has reached cult status over the years by people who feel the need to watch it again and again in order to see just how bad a film can be. I'll admit... the first time I saw it was at the promoting of a friend who told me I needed to watch this movie that perfectly defined what I had come to know as "a piece of shit." Well, all that popularity stemming from BIRDEMIC being atrocious has led us to this very moment... the coming of BIRDEMIC 2: THE RESURRECTION.
Oh, yes... this is a very real thing, so real that Yahoo! has premiered the trailer for the film today... and, if for no other reason than you've got three minutes you aren't really doing anything useful with at the moment anyway, you really should take a look...
My curiosity has really gotten the better of me after watching this. I just can't stop wondering what the approach is to making a film like this. You already know your first film is somehow beloved yet incredibly bad... so, for the sequel, do you try to top that by being even worse? When you bring in cast to audition for roles, do you want the best of the worst or rather the worst of the worst?
Okay... I'm spending way too much time thinking about a film that had no real thought put into it whatsoever... but I can't help it. BIRDEMIC 2 baffles the mind.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 173 total posts 173 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 438 total posts 101 posts
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 83 total posts 83 posts
- Meet Jon M. Chu's JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS!! -- 45 total posts 45 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 174 total posts 44 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 73 total posts 44 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 51 total posts 43 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 44 total posts 35 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 38 total posts 31 posts
- Mowgli to have friends like Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong'o in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 65 total posts 29 posts