The Trailer For BIRDEMIC 2 Sticks Its Landing!! (Yes, They Made A Sequel To BIRDEMIC!!)
The Kidd here...
You haven't truly seen the worst of the worst until you've sat through BIRDEMIC: SHOCK AND TERROR in all of its awful glory... and I'm not talking about the RiffTrax take on it, which manages to turn the whole thing into one big joke. I'm speaking solely on you choosing to watch this piece of film history from "visionary director" James Nguyen as-is, stomaching the laughable special effects, the horrendous acting and the utterly ridiculous plot, bearing witness to what happens when untalented people work with more untalented people to create a trainwreck of epic proportions.
But sort of like THE ROOM, BIRDEMIC has reached cult status over the years by people who feel the need to watch it again and again in order to see just how bad a film can be. I'll admit... the first time I saw it was at the promoting of a friend who told me I needed to watch this movie that perfectly defined what I had come to know as "a piece of shit." Well, all that popularity stemming from BIRDEMIC being atrocious has led us to this very moment... the coming of BIRDEMIC 2: THE RESURRECTION.
Oh, yes... this is a very real thing, so real that Yahoo! has premiered the trailer for the film today... and, if for no other reason than you've got three minutes you aren't really doing anything useful with at the moment anyway, you really should take a look...
My curiosity has really gotten the better of me after watching this. I just can't stop wondering what the approach is to making a film like this. You already know your first film is somehow beloved yet incredibly bad... so, for the sequel, do you try to top that by being even worse? When you bring in cast to audition for roles, do you want the best of the worst or rather the worst of the worst?
Okay... I'm spending way too much time thinking about a film that had no real thought put into it whatsoever... but I can't help it. BIRDEMIC 2 baffles the mind.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS, OUT OF THE FURNACE, FROZEN, NEBRASKA And The Latest WALKING DEAD And RETURNED, The First Big-Screen Wonder Woman and More!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 491 total posts 344 posts
- Disney can now make new Indiana Jones Movies!!! But what about Paramount? -- 451 total posts 82 posts
- The Annual Official Fake BUTT-NUMB-A-THON 15 List!!! Plus other things like STANDBY news! -- 160 total posts 46 posts
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 396 total posts 45 posts
- Jerry Bruckheimer has returned to Paramount and Brett Ratner's BEVERLY HILLS COP IV is now on the way (again)! -- 197 total posts 21 posts
- Penultimate HOMELAND!! New BURGERS, SIMPSONS, GUY, DAD, MENTALIST, ONCE, REVENGE, BETRAYAL, TREME & SEX!! Mandela On 60 MINUTES!! AMAZING RACE Finale!! Last MENTALIST Of 2013!! BONNIE & CLYDE Premiere!! Herc's Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 15 total posts 15 posts
- The Friday Docback Rounds Up This Week's DOCTOR WHO News!! 50th Celebration, 'Time of the Doctor,' HornOrSilk Reviews 'The Assassination Games' Big Finish Audio, And More!! -- 60 total posts 13 posts
- SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES Writers Developing New TERMINATOR TV Series!! -- 91 total posts 13 posts
- Fox To Dabble In Shared X-MEN / FF Movieverse!?!? -- 210 total posts 12 posts
- Two More NYMPHOMANIAC Posters... -- 86 total posts 5 posts