The Trailer For BIRDEMIC 2 Sticks Its Landing!! (Yes, They Made A Sequel To BIRDEMIC!!)
The Kidd here...
You haven't truly seen the worst of the worst until you've sat through BIRDEMIC: SHOCK AND TERROR in all of its awful glory... and I'm not talking about the RiffTrax take on it, which manages to turn the whole thing into one big joke. I'm speaking solely on you choosing to watch this piece of film history from "visionary director" James Nguyen as-is, stomaching the laughable special effects, the horrendous acting and the utterly ridiculous plot, bearing witness to what happens when untalented people work with more untalented people to create a trainwreck of epic proportions.
But sort of like THE ROOM, BIRDEMIC has reached cult status over the years by people who feel the need to watch it again and again in order to see just how bad a film can be. I'll admit... the first time I saw it was at the promoting of a friend who told me I needed to watch this movie that perfectly defined what I had come to know as "a piece of shit." Well, all that popularity stemming from BIRDEMIC being atrocious has led us to this very moment... the coming of BIRDEMIC 2: THE RESURRECTION.
Oh, yes... this is a very real thing, so real that Yahoo! has premiered the trailer for the film today... and, if for no other reason than you've got three minutes you aren't really doing anything useful with at the moment anyway, you really should take a look...
My curiosity has really gotten the better of me after watching this. I just can't stop wondering what the approach is to making a film like this. You already know your first film is somehow beloved yet incredibly bad... so, for the sequel, do you try to top that by being even worse? When you bring in cast to audition for roles, do you want the best of the worst or rather the worst of the worst?
Okay... I'm spending way too much time thinking about a film that had no real thought put into it whatsoever... but I can't help it. BIRDEMIC 2 baffles the mind.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- After writing Gareth Edwards' STAR WARS flick, Gary Whitta will move on to Mark Millar's STARLIGHT! -- 169 total posts 13 posts
- Capone's Art-House Round-Up with THE DISAPPEARANCE OF ELEANOR RIGBY: THEM and Terry Gilliam's THE ZERO THEOREM!!! -- 22 total posts 8 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! UPDATE RE: UPCOMING UK TIME CHANGE!! -- 145 total posts 8 posts
- Papa Vinyard talks with Rose McGowan about her first project as a director and the DAWN Film Festival she's curating this week in downtown Los Angeles! -- 19 total posts 8 posts
- The Additions of Sam Elliott and DEADWOOD’s Garret Dillahunt Suggest That The Final Season Of JUSTIFIED Will Own Us All!! -- 26 total posts 7 posts
- CBS, The Only Network Without A Superhero Show, Just Ordered To Series Berlanti’s SUPERGIRL!! -- 52 total posts 6 posts
- The GODZILLA Sequel Has A Writer!! -- 198 total posts 5 posts
- Capone says Kevin Smith's wonderfully grotesque TUSK falters when it tries too hard to be funny!!! -- 45 total posts 4 posts
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 273 total posts 3 posts
- Fox, Home Of GOTHAM, Makes Pilot Commitment To Project Based On DC Comics’ LUCIFER!! -- 118 total posts 3 posts