Three billion human lives ended on August 29th, 1997. The survivors of the nuclear fire called the war The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Picture.
Today’s image is exhibit A in why model work rules. The little glimpses of the future war we got in both of James Cameron’s Terminator films really left me wanting for me, which is a good thing because when we got that more with Terminator: Salvation I suddenly didn’t want it much anymore.
However, I’m sure if we ever got Cameron’s future war-set Terminator film I wouldn’t be saying that. Anyway, what we did get was tremendous and today we get to focus on one of the best elements of that future war: those badass giant machine tank bastards.
This image has everything… fire, badass model work and a guy in the foreground to give it some scale (Hooper knew what he was talking about on that one).
Many thanks to Michael Heintzelman and the Practical Effects Group for the shot from Terminator 2: Judgment Day! Enjoy!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
What the hell… let’s go ahead and feature another Cameron sci-fi sequel with tomorrow’s pic.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 245 total posts 131 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 256 total posts 101 posts
- Scream and Shout: Quint is inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy to revisit BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)! -- 169 total posts 91 posts
- New Poster for OPEN WINDOWS! -- 84 total posts 84 posts
- This Trailer For The New SHAUN THE SHEEP Movie Doesn’t Look Too Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!! -- 42 total posts 42 posts
- Co-Director Anthony Russo Is Teasing, What, Exactly, Regarding CAPTAIN AMERICA 3?? -- 232 total posts 35 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 136 total posts 34 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 32 total posts 32 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at EXTRATERRESTRIAL! SAVAGELAND! REVELATION TRAIL! THE POSESSION OF MICHAEL KING! THE LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE! SLOPPY THE PSYCHOTIC! MY FAIR ZOMBIE! THE FORBIDDEN GIRL! MOEBIUS! TWILIGHT ZONE 1985! SUFFER THE CHILDREN Book Review! & cast your vote for PRESIDENT WOLFMAN! -- 29 total posts 29 posts
-- 55 total posts 25 posts