Hugh Jackman Has A Lot Of Anger, And You Would Too If You Were Badly Photoshopped Into New Posters For THE WOLVERINE!!
The Kidd here...
I know... I know... they're just one sheets, but I don't know what the hell happened over at 20th Century Fox this morning with the release of a pair of new one sheets for this summer's THE WOLVERINE - one domestic, one international. It's as if they forgot how cool their teaser poster was, capturing the feel of what Wolverine in this samurai-driven story arc should be, and decided such an approach was far too subtle when they could just surround him with ninjas, because... well, who doesn't dig ninjas? It seems far too often that we reminisce about the days of real thought and effort being put into a film's poster art, a time that is all but dead when you can hire some graphic designer to pump out a concept for far less of the cost... but bad Photoshop work like this is downright criminal. When I take a look at it, I fully understand why Wolverine is carrying so much aggression inside. This is embarrassing.
Let's put it this way... I was so convinced that at least the domestic version was some poorly made fan attempt that I reached out to Fox immediately to check on its legitimacy, because there was just no way this could be the new poster. Turns out it's the real deal.
Let's start off with the international one sheet, because that one isn't half-bad. It only makes me wish I hadn't quit my Wolverine diet and/or working out.
And now the far more offensive domestic poster (via ComingSoon), which... well... just look.
THE WOLVERINE rages into theatres on July 26, with our first look at the film arriving on Wednesday in trailer form.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Rumor Has It Another Character Is Returning To STAR WARS... -- 110 total posts 110 posts
- Matthew McConaughey as Randall Flag in THE STAND?!! -- 230 total posts 102 posts
- Take A ‘Deep Breath’ - The DOCTOR WHO S8 Weekend Docbacks Begin Now!! -- 176 total posts 67 posts
- Harry may be crazy about SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR - but so may you -- 40 total posts 40 posts
- ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Season Premiere Of DOCTOR WHO And Asks: Why Is It So Terrible?? -- 202 total posts 37 posts
- Quint sits down with Frank Miller to talk a little about Sin City: A Dame To Kill For! -- 177 total posts 18 posts
- Get A Grip On Denzel Washington’s EQUALIZER!! -- 120 total posts 10 posts
- An Andrew Dominik-written, Justin Lin-directed SHAOLIN TEMPLE remake is in the works! -- 31 total posts 8 posts
- Creepy Dolls and Satanic Cults! Full ANNABELLE Trailer is Here! -- 104 total posts 7 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 392 total posts 6 posts