Hugh Jackman Has A Lot Of Anger, And You Would Too If You Were Badly Photoshopped Into New Posters For THE WOLVERINE!!
The Kidd here...
I know... I know... they're just one sheets, but I don't know what the hell happened over at 20th Century Fox this morning with the release of a pair of new one sheets for this summer's THE WOLVERINE - one domestic, one international. It's as if they forgot how cool their teaser poster was, capturing the feel of what Wolverine in this samurai-driven story arc should be, and decided such an approach was far too subtle when they could just surround him with ninjas, because... well, who doesn't dig ninjas? It seems far too often that we reminisce about the days of real thought and effort being put into a film's poster art, a time that is all but dead when you can hire some graphic designer to pump out a concept for far less of the cost... but bad Photoshop work like this is downright criminal. When I take a look at it, I fully understand why Wolverine is carrying so much aggression inside. This is embarrassing.
Let's put it this way... I was so convinced that at least the domestic version was some poorly made fan attempt that I reached out to Fox immediately to check on its legitimacy, because there was just no way this could be the new poster. Turns out it's the real deal.
Let's start off with the international one sheet, because that one isn't half-bad. It only makes me wish I hadn't quit my Wolverine diet and/or working out.
And now the far more offensive domestic poster (via ComingSoon), which... well... just look.
THE WOLVERINE rages into theatres on July 26, with our first look at the film arriving on Wednesday in trailer form.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 296 total posts 146 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 300 total posts 19 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 577 total posts 11 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 229 total posts 9 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 254 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 198 total posts 5 posts
- MTV Movie Awards drops an opening scene from X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST! And it rocks! -- 317 total posts 4 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 119 total posts 4 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 194 total posts 4 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 3 total posts 3 posts