Hugh Jackman Has A Lot Of Anger, And You Would Too If You Were Badly Photoshopped Into New Posters For THE WOLVERINE!!
The Kidd here...
I know... I know... they're just one sheets, but I don't know what the hell happened over at 20th Century Fox this morning with the release of a pair of new one sheets for this summer's THE WOLVERINE - one domestic, one international. It's as if they forgot how cool their teaser poster was, capturing the feel of what Wolverine in this samurai-driven story arc should be, and decided such an approach was far too subtle when they could just surround him with ninjas, because... well, who doesn't dig ninjas? It seems far too often that we reminisce about the days of real thought and effort being put into a film's poster art, a time that is all but dead when you can hire some graphic designer to pump out a concept for far less of the cost... but bad Photoshop work like this is downright criminal. When I take a look at it, I fully understand why Wolverine is carrying so much aggression inside. This is embarrassing.
Let's put it this way... I was so convinced that at least the domestic version was some poorly made fan attempt that I reached out to Fox immediately to check on its legitimacy, because there was just no way this could be the new poster. Turns out it's the real deal.
Let's start off with the international one sheet, because that one isn't half-bad. It only makes me wish I hadn't quit my Wolverine diet and/or working out.
And now the far more offensive domestic poster (via ComingSoon), which... well... just look.
THE WOLVERINE rages into theatres on July 26, with our first look at the film arriving on Wednesday in trailer form.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Two New AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic-Con Posters Reveal… -- 290 total posts 290 posts
- UPDATED! Has Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE Casting Search Gone To Phoenix? -- 172 total posts 172 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 361 total posts 134 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 119 total posts 119 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen the new Interstellar trailer! Plus The Rock and Spongebob stuff! -- 118 total posts 118 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 290 total posts 106 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 319 total posts 73 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 123 total posts 70 posts
- Footage of discarded concept art, interviews with Tim Burton and Kevin Smith, and Nicolas Cage in flight in this trailer for THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES! -- 56 total posts 56 posts
- Sam Raimi Producing THE LAST OF US Movie! Maisie Williams In Talk To Play Ellie! -- 50 total posts 50 posts