Hugh Jackman Has A Lot Of Anger, And You Would Too If You Were Badly Photoshopped Into New Posters For THE WOLVERINE!!
The Kidd here...
I know... I know... they're just one sheets, but I don't know what the hell happened over at 20th Century Fox this morning with the release of a pair of new one sheets for this summer's THE WOLVERINE - one domestic, one international. It's as if they forgot how cool their teaser poster was, capturing the feel of what Wolverine in this samurai-driven story arc should be, and decided such an approach was far too subtle when they could just surround him with ninjas, because... well, who doesn't dig ninjas? It seems far too often that we reminisce about the days of real thought and effort being put into a film's poster art, a time that is all but dead when you can hire some graphic designer to pump out a concept for far less of the cost... but bad Photoshop work like this is downright criminal. When I take a look at it, I fully understand why Wolverine is carrying so much aggression inside. This is embarrassing.
Let's put it this way... I was so convinced that at least the domestic version was some poorly made fan attempt that I reached out to Fox immediately to check on its legitimacy, because there was just no way this could be the new poster. Turns out it's the real deal.
Let's start off with the international one sheet, because that one isn't half-bad. It only makes me wish I hadn't quit my Wolverine diet and/or working out.
And now the far more offensive domestic poster (via ComingSoon), which... well... just look.
THE WOLVERINE rages into theatres on July 26, with our first look at the film arriving on Wednesday in trailer form.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 70 total posts 70 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 241 total posts 37 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 46 total posts 29 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 103 total posts 27 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 20 total posts 20 posts
- Lena Dunham Hosts SNL!! Sagan COSMOS Marathon On NGC!! New UNIVERSE, OUTRAGEOUS ACTS OF SCIENCE & BLACK SAILS!! SWAMP PAWN, RAISING WHITLEY, SCORNED, COPS & CRAZY HEARTS Finales!! Hallmark’s A RING BY SPRING!! Lifetime’s A TRIP TO BOUNTIFUL!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 17 total posts 17 posts
- Karen Gillan has Night Terrors in this First OCULUS Clip! -- 16 total posts 16 posts
- All 13 Season-Six Episodes Of CLONE WARS Land On Netflix!! Joan Jett On LETTERMAN!! Kenan Thompson On MEYERS!! TRAIN YOUR DRAGON On FX DOWNLOAD!! New HANNIBAL, FIVE-0, GRIMM, BLOODS, LAST MAN, NEIGHBORS, ELISTED, HOPE, BANSHEE, TREEHOUSE, GOLD & SMACKDOWN!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 48 total posts 14 posts
- New Trailer for Jim Jarmusch's ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 95 total posts 10 posts