I suggest a new strategy, R2: Let the Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day win.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Picture.
Boy oh boy, do I have a really great shot for you today. Let’s jump into the way back machine and step back a good 38 years when a young idealistic filmmaker named George Lucas was prepping a sci-fi epic that would soon change motion pictures forever.
This photo comes from late 1975 as Lucas visited his team and saw how one of his robotic characters, a squat little droid named R2-D2, was coming along. Constructed mostly from wood, the little bugger was taking shape and someone decided to snap a photo of Lucas and the in-the-works R2. That photo is below.
I particularly love seeing the place-holder parts, like the spatula part that’s doubling as his arm. Anyway, I love this pic and I bet many of you will to. Thanks to Robert Miller and the PEG for the image! Enjoy!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tomorrow’s pic will hunt and kill you.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 296 total posts 146 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 295 total posts 14 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 575 total posts 9 posts
- MTV Movie Awards drops an opening scene from X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST! And it rocks! -- 317 total posts 4 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 194 total posts 4 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 224 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 249 total posts 3 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 195 total posts 2 posts
- Stallone Talks EXPENDABLES Casting Approach!! Nicholson!?!? -- 288 total posts 2 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 117 total posts 2 posts