Fred Savage to have a Ladies Night with Charlize Theron! Way to go, Kevin!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I have a lot of respect for Fred Savage. That guy worked his ass off for decades, starting at a place that was actually below where most aspiring directors start. It's not like he went the Ron Howard route and was able to shake his child star image by directing crazy Roger Corman drive-in flicks. Savage had to start at Disney and Nick, directing kid's TV so he could be lucky enough to direct the Eddie Murphy-less sequel to Daddy Day Care.
Basically, I'm saying the man paid his dues. At the time I felt sorry for him that he was relegated to that kind of stuff, but now my perception has shifted. And not just because he landed a big Charlize Theron comedy either. He has directed a ton of great TV, from Party Down to It's Always Sunny to Modern Family. He went from "aw, it's cute that Kevin Arnold wants to direct" to a real deal force to be reckoned with. He reinvented himself, which is near impossible in Hollywood and his career just keeps getting bigger and better.
THR announced that he's directing Ladies Night, a Bridesmaids-ish comedy set to star Charlize Theron as a woman who has one big, final night out on the town with her friends before moving to New York. David Ellison is producing for Skydance and funding the flick outside the studio system.
So, way to go Fred. Kick this project's ass and the world's your oyster. I hope you use your newfound powers to reteam with Howie Mandel and do a "where are they now" sequel to Little Monsters.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 420 total posts 83 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 46 total posts 46 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 168 total posts 38 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 66 total posts 37 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 44 total posts 36 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 42 total posts 33 posts
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 26 total posts 26 posts
- Mowgli to have friends like Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong'o in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 61 total posts 25 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 31 total posts 24 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 43 total posts 21 posts