CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER Brings The Sundance Kid Into The Marvel Movie Universe!
Had studios started making Marvel movies back in the late '60s, more than a few geeks would've probably fan-cast Robert Redford as Steve Rogers (though that pesky Vietnam War might've dampened the enthusiasm for a big-screen Captain America movie). Looking over Redford's '60s and '70s acting career, I can't tell you how glad I am that this never came to pass.
I do, however, love the idea of Redford giving the Marvel Movie Universe a dash of old-school movie star charm, so I'm all for Sundance appearing in CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER as a senior S.H.I.E.L.D. advisor. There's no word yet as to the size of the role, but it wouldn't surprise me if Marvel is looking to bring Redford back for THE AVENGERS 2 at the very least. Maybe he could be the avenging impetus this time out!
Personally, I hope they write Redford's character as a beatdown, sold-out Joe Turner. Maybe have some of Kathy Hale's photographs hanging in his office.
Quick addendum: I was just reminded by The New York Post's Lou Lumenick that Robert Redford turned down the lead in Richard Donner's SUPERMAN.
HARRY HERE - I hope to Beyonder, that Redford plays old man Dum Dum Dugan! See:
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 63 total posts 63 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 108 total posts 31 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 277 total posts 21 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 514 total posts 17 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 35 total posts 12 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 23 total posts 5 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 12 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts