I’d hate to say anything good about the Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day, but he does know the short way to start a war.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Picture.
I’ve spent most of my life in Central Texas. The Alamo is kind of a big deal, even before Tim League took the name and created an awesome theater chain out of it, believe it or not. Even super lefty liberal Texans have reverence for this battle and those that took part in it.
John Wayne’s movie about that battle is a little silly, but I quite like it. It’s certainly heads and shoulders better than the bland studio version put out a decade ago. John Wayne playing Davy Crockett is still a headscratcher today, but whatever. I like him in the flick and he clearly had a passion to tell this story.
Today we get a look at Wayne on the set, dealing with his directorial responsibilities the way they did back before the miracle of cell phone technology! If you imagine he’s ordering pizza for a few hundred Texans and Mexicans this photo becomes at least 2.5% funnier.
Thanks to “Mister Blue” and ‘50s Westerns for providing the image!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
Before the prequels there was tomorrow’s pic.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 295 total posts 145 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 292 total posts 11 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 572 total posts 6 posts
- MTV Movie Awards drops an opening scene from X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST! And it rocks! -- 317 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 249 total posts 3 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 193 total posts 3 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 223 total posts 3 posts
- Stallone Talks EXPENDABLES Casting Approach!! Nicholson!?!? -- 288 total posts 2 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 195 total posts 2 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 116 total posts 1 post