New Line sets up CRAZY U aka Will Ferrell really wants to get his kid into college!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Deadline is reporting that Will Ferrell is being eyed to lead a new film called CRAZY U, based on the book CRAZY U: ONE DAD'S CRASH COURSE IN GETTING HIS KID INTO COLLEGE by Andrew Ferguson.
Black List author Jesse Andrews will adapt the book about an obsessed father who does any and everything he can to make sure his kid gets into the best college. New Line is distributing (they still do that?!?) and Gary Sanchez and Kevin Misher are producing.
Granted the only thing I know about the story is in the brief description, but it sounds to me like a thematic continuation of Old School. Not that this film will be tied in any way to that, but in the sense that in the future film geeks will program Old School and Crazy U as an interesting Will Ferrell double feature. Or maybe that's just me...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 210 total posts 10 posts
- Beware Epileptics - we have a new motion poster for the upcoming remake of CARRIE! -- 70 total posts 10 posts
- John Ary's Video Review Of THE HANGOVER PART III!! -- 63 total posts 7 posts
- Capone believes that FAST & FURIOUS 6 is the best in a bizarre, crowded franchise!!! -- 72 total posts 6 posts
- Who is set to acquire the troubled indie Western, JANE GOT A GUN!?! -- 41 total posts 5 posts
- Capone makes the case that THE HANGOVER PART III is neither a comedy nor a movie!!! -- 62 total posts 3 posts
- New trailer for Casey Affleck and Rooney Mara's upcoming western, AIN'T THEM BODIES SAINTS!! -- 44 total posts 3 posts
- Tom Cruise Won’t Go Solo For MAN FROM UNCLE!! -- 116 total posts 3 posts
- The Friday Docback Revisits DOCTOR WHO Season 7!! A Fuller Review Of 'The Name of the Doctor,' And More!! -- 77 total posts 2 posts
- Here's An AICN Exclusive Clip Of A BAND CALLED DEATH! -- 15 total posts 2 posts