Could This New INTO DARKNESS International Poster Look Any Less STAR TREKy??
Hot on the heels of this BRAND NEW INTERNATIONAL TRAILER comes a new International poster for STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS. Here's the Australian version, other International variants are pretty much the same. It is EMBIGGENABLE.
Per TrekMovie, the poster was actually unlockable via URLs strategically embedded within the new trailer linked above. A fun gag...maybe they'll do something like this within the film itself, and drive us all mad with the Where's Waldoness of it all!?
OK. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what Team Abrams has up its sleeves with this movie, so I don't want to come across as a 'hater' in any way. This said, I must register my distress over this poster. As my man John Ary commented, "Take the 'Star Trek" off of it and you would have no idea this movie takes place in that universe." A fair and succinct criticism which I truly hope does not spill over into the film itself. This...looks like standard action posturing, and certainly doesn't suggest TREK through any means other than one word. Geek Titan Robert Meyer Burnett has openly pondered whether any of this new film will take place in space, given that much of the film's promo material to date has suggested an openly Earthbound slant. Based on what we've seen so far, this is a fair concern to be sure, although I'd also argue that many of CLASSIC TREK's very best episodes (Assignment: Earth, The City on the Edge of Forever, and THE VOYAGE HOME movie) actually have precious little space stuff in 'em. Burnett's aprehension looks to be increasingly well founded, however, potentially borne out by the kind of footage we've been seeing and the nature of this new poster. Will there actually be any STAR TREK in this new STAR TREK movie? A question which has multiple interpretations.
We'll see when the film opens May 17 in the US, and earlier for those bastardly international markets which are getting it...like...weeks earlier than North America. After so much effort has been taken to protect the Geekverse some spoilers for this picture, seems an odd move to then release the movie at disparately different times overseas - which is essentially fragmenting the waiting fanbase and facilitating the very flow of spoilage I thought they were trying to stem.
- Google +
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 130 total posts 130 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 114 total posts 114 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 163 total posts 80 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 98 total posts 56 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 332 total posts 37 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 200 total posts 36 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 95 total posts 34 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 41 total posts 30 posts
- EXPENDABLES 3 launches a ton of Comic Con posters! -- 88 total posts 27 posts
- He's not 007 anymore, but Pierce Brosnan is still kicking ass across Europe in the full trailer for THE NOVEMBER MAN! -- 73 total posts 24 posts