Could This New INTO DARKNESS International Poster Look Any Less STAR TREKy??
Hot on the heels of this BRAND NEW INTERNATIONAL TRAILER comes a new International poster for STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS. Here's the Australian version, other International variants are pretty much the same. It is EMBIGGENABLE.
Per TrekMovie, the poster was actually unlockable via URLs strategically embedded within the new trailer linked above. A fun gag...maybe they'll do something like this within the film itself, and drive us all mad with the Where's Waldoness of it all!?
OK. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what Team Abrams has up its sleeves with this movie, so I don't want to come across as a 'hater' in any way. This said, I must register my distress over this poster. As my man John Ary commented, "Take the 'Star Trek" off of it and you would have no idea this movie takes place in that universe." A fair and succinct criticism which I truly hope does not spill over into the film itself. This...looks like standard action posturing, and certainly doesn't suggest TREK through any means other than one word. Geek Titan Robert Meyer Burnett has openly pondered whether any of this new film will take place in space, given that much of the film's promo material to date has suggested an openly Earthbound slant. Based on what we've seen so far, this is a fair concern to be sure, although I'd also argue that many of CLASSIC TREK's very best episodes (Assignment: Earth, The City on the Edge of Forever, and THE VOYAGE HOME movie) actually have precious little space stuff in 'em. Burnett's aprehension looks to be increasingly well founded, however, potentially borne out by the kind of footage we've been seeing and the nature of this new poster. Will there actually be any STAR TREK in this new STAR TREK movie? A question which has multiple interpretations.
We'll see when the film opens May 17 in the US, and earlier for those bastardly international markets which are getting it...like...weeks earlier than North America. After so much effort has been taken to protect the Geekverse some spoilers for this picture, seems an odd move to then release the movie at disparately different times overseas - which is essentially fragmenting the waiting fanbase and facilitating the very flow of spoilage I thought they were trying to stem.
- Google +
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- So The MAN OF STEEL Sequel Has (At Least) A Third Superhero In It... -- 670 total posts 129 posts
- We have the first trailer for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 right here and it hints towards some pretty exciting things!! -- 72 total posts 72 posts
- Beatles' manager Brian Epstein to get his own flick, entitled THE FIFTH BEATLE! -- 73 total posts 46 posts
- Joe Dante's Making A New Movie Called BURYING THE EX And You Can Be A Part Of It! -- 45 total posts 40 posts
- WARCRAFT is getting its cast together! Adds Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, and more! -- 66 total posts 23 posts
- Earlier Versions Of THE DARK CRYSTAL...Probably Felt A Lot Like This!! -- 121 total posts 20 posts
- More Angry Volcano Action in this New Trailer for Pompeii! -- 65 total posts 20 posts
- Our first clip from the VERONICA MARS movie! Plus, a release date!! -- 44 total posts 20 posts
- A New 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE Trailer Brings The Xerxes!! -- 69 total posts 17 posts
- More pics of zombied-out Aubrey Plaza in LIFE AFTER BETH! -- 51 total posts 16 posts