Could This New INTO DARKNESS International Poster Look Any Less STAR TREKy??
Hot on the heels of this BRAND NEW INTERNATIONAL TRAILER comes a new International poster for STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS. Here's the Australian version, other International variants are pretty much the same. It is EMBIGGENABLE.
Per TrekMovie, the poster was actually unlockable via URLs strategically embedded within the new trailer linked above. A fun gag...maybe they'll do something like this within the film itself, and drive us all mad with the Where's Waldoness of it all!?
OK. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what Team Abrams has up its sleeves with this movie, so I don't want to come across as a 'hater' in any way. This said, I must register my distress over this poster. As my man John Ary commented, "Take the 'Star Trek" off of it and you would have no idea this movie takes place in that universe." A fair and succinct criticism which I truly hope does not spill over into the film itself. This...looks like standard action posturing, and certainly doesn't suggest TREK through any means other than one word. Geek Titan Robert Meyer Burnett has openly pondered whether any of this new film will take place in space, given that much of the film's promo material to date has suggested an openly Earthbound slant. Based on what we've seen so far, this is a fair concern to be sure, although I'd also argue that many of CLASSIC TREK's very best episodes (Assignment: Earth, The City on the Edge of Forever, and THE VOYAGE HOME movie) actually have precious little space stuff in 'em. Burnett's aprehension looks to be increasingly well founded, however, potentially borne out by the kind of footage we've been seeing and the nature of this new poster. Will there actually be any STAR TREK in this new STAR TREK movie? A question which has multiple interpretations.
We'll see when the film opens May 17 in the US, and earlier for those bastardly international markets which are getting it...like...weeks earlier than North America. After so much effort has been taken to protect the Geekverse some spoilers for this picture, seems an odd move to then release the movie at disparately different times overseas - which is essentially fragmenting the waiting fanbase and facilitating the very flow of spoilage I thought they were trying to stem.
- Google +
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 287 total posts 287 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 331 total posts 173 posts
- From The Wasteland Emerges A MAD MAX: FURY ROAD Teaser Poster! -- 160 total posts 160 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 158 total posts 158 posts
- Could These International TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Posters Win Over A Skeptical 7(ish) Year Old?? -- 138 total posts 138 posts
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 218 total posts 77 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 397 total posts 71 posts
- Aye! The Next PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN Film Has An Official Release Date!! -- 70 total posts 70 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 60 total posts 60 posts
- "I would never order an alcoholic beverage on the bridge..." Trailer for SPACE STATION 76 has its heart firmly in place and its tongue firmly in cheek! -- 107 total posts 58 posts