Updated! Look Out, Detroit! Gangway, Windsor! TRANSFORMERS 4 Plot Details Revealed!
3/21/13 Update: The Michigan Film Office has revised its 3/20 press release. The plot summary has been redacted. According to Paramount, these details are "inaccurate".
TRANSFORMERS 4: RISIBLE SUBTITLE AS YET UNDETERMINED will begin shooting soon in Bob Seger, Michigan under the steady hand of Michael Bay. Things will be different. Mark Wahlberg is replacing Shia LaBeouff as the lead (playing an entirely different character), while Bay promises that everything will be "redesigned from top to bottom". He's not specific as to what this means, but the Michigan Film Office has released a plot synopsis that sheds a little light on how the fourth movie will continue on from the mayhem of the third.
As humanity picks up the pieces, following the conclusion of Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Autobots and Decepticons have all but vanished from the face of the planet. However, a group of powerful, ingenious businessman and scientists attempt to learn from past Transformer incursions and push the boundaries of technology beyond what they can control – all while an ancient, powerful Transformer menace sets Earth in his crosshairs. The epic adventure and battle between good and evil, freedom and enslavement ensues.
My one concern for this film is Detroit. It's in notoriously bad shape to begin with. Even if the scope of destruction is widened to the suburbs, well, there ain't a whole lot of interesting shit to knock down in Southfield and Dearborn (is that fancy mall still there?). Basically, to come close to matching the sheer devastation of the TRANSFORMERS 3, Bay's gonna have to drag this roboticized fracas over the Ambassador Bridge into Windsor, Ontario, home of rampant underage drinking and highly permissive strip clubs. It'd be Bay laying waste to Shangri-La. Wouldn't be a dry eye in the house.
TRANSFORMERS 4 opens theatrically June 27, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 159 total posts 134 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 122 total posts 78 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 180 total posts 37 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 556 total posts 33 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 176 total posts 19 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 104 total posts 14 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 355 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 191 total posts 7 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 63 total posts 7 posts
- In Many Ways We Need Each Other!! Graham & Lecter Reform Their Crimefighting Team On HANNIBAL!! New WHOSE, FIVE-0, BLOODS, UNFORGETTABLE, DIXIE, GUNS, LAST & SMACKDOWN!! Return Of THE WRITERS’ ROOM!! HANGER 1 Finale!! Shatner On CRAIG!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 26 total posts 6 posts