Updated! Look Out, Detroit! Gangway, Windsor! TRANSFORMERS 4 Plot Details Revealed!
3/21/13 Update: The Michigan Film Office has revised its 3/20 press release. The plot summary has been redacted. According to Paramount, these details are "inaccurate".
TRANSFORMERS 4: RISIBLE SUBTITLE AS YET UNDETERMINED will begin shooting soon in Bob Seger, Michigan under the steady hand of Michael Bay. Things will be different. Mark Wahlberg is replacing Shia LaBeouff as the lead (playing an entirely different character), while Bay promises that everything will be "redesigned from top to bottom". He's not specific as to what this means, but the Michigan Film Office has released a plot synopsis that sheds a little light on how the fourth movie will continue on from the mayhem of the third.
As humanity picks up the pieces, following the conclusion of Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Autobots and Decepticons have all but vanished from the face of the planet. However, a group of powerful, ingenious businessman and scientists attempt to learn from past Transformer incursions and push the boundaries of technology beyond what they can control – all while an ancient, powerful Transformer menace sets Earth in his crosshairs. The epic adventure and battle between good and evil, freedom and enslavement ensues.
My one concern for this film is Detroit. It's in notoriously bad shape to begin with. Even if the scope of destruction is widened to the suburbs, well, there ain't a whole lot of interesting shit to knock down in Southfield and Dearborn (is that fancy mall still there?). Basically, to come close to matching the sheer devastation of the TRANSFORMERS 3, Bay's gonna have to drag this roboticized fracas over the Ambassador Bridge into Windsor, Ontario, home of rampant underage drinking and highly permissive strip clubs. It'd be Bay laying waste to Shangri-La. Wouldn't be a dry eye in the house.
TRANSFORMERS 4 opens theatrically June 27, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- So The MAN OF STEEL Sequel Has (At Least) A Third Superhero In It... -- 648 total posts 107 posts
- Joe Dante's Making A New Movie Called BURYING THE EX And You Can Be A Part Of It! -- 43 total posts 38 posts
- Beatles' manager Brian Epstein to get his own flick, entitled THE FIFTH BEATLE! -- 61 total posts 34 posts
- WARCRAFT is getting its cast together! Adds Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, and more! -- 65 total posts 22 posts
- More Angry Volcano Action in this New Trailer for Pompeii! -- 65 total posts 20 posts
- A New 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE Trailer Brings The Xerxes!! -- 69 total posts 17 posts
- SNL Christmas!! Titties And Dragons On SOUTH PARK!! Tyson Entrée On Antepenultimate SURVIVOR!! HOARDING Finale!! New BURNING LOVE, GIRL CODE, MODERN, MIDDLE, AHS, X, SOUP, PICKERS!! Herc’s Wednesday TV Talkback!! -- 46 total posts 15 posts
- More pics of zombied-out Aubrey Plaza in LIFE AFTER BETH! -- 50 total posts 15 posts
- Fan Of The 2010 Paul Bettany Angry Angel Movie LEGION?? Syfy Just Ordered To Series The TV Version!! -- 18 total posts 14 posts
- Rinko Kikuchi looks for the buried loot from FARGO in KUMIKO, THE TREASURE HUNTER (based on a true story)! -- 27 total posts 14 posts