Updated! Look Out, Detroit! Gangway, Windsor! TRANSFORMERS 4 Plot Details Revealed!
3/21/13 Update: The Michigan Film Office has revised its 3/20 press release. The plot summary has been redacted. According to Paramount, these details are "inaccurate".
TRANSFORMERS 4: RISIBLE SUBTITLE AS YET UNDETERMINED will begin shooting soon in Bob Seger, Michigan under the steady hand of Michael Bay. Things will be different. Mark Wahlberg is replacing Shia LaBeouff as the lead (playing an entirely different character), while Bay promises that everything will be "redesigned from top to bottom". He's not specific as to what this means, but the Michigan Film Office has released a plot synopsis that sheds a little light on how the fourth movie will continue on from the mayhem of the third.
As humanity picks up the pieces, following the conclusion of Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Autobots and Decepticons have all but vanished from the face of the planet. However, a group of powerful, ingenious businessman and scientists attempt to learn from past Transformer incursions and push the boundaries of technology beyond what they can control – all while an ancient, powerful Transformer menace sets Earth in his crosshairs. The epic adventure and battle between good and evil, freedom and enslavement ensues.
My one concern for this film is Detroit. It's in notoriously bad shape to begin with. Even if the scope of destruction is widened to the suburbs, well, there ain't a whole lot of interesting shit to knock down in Southfield and Dearborn (is that fancy mall still there?). Basically, to come close to matching the sheer devastation of the TRANSFORMERS 3, Bay's gonna have to drag this roboticized fracas over the Ambassador Bridge into Windsor, Ontario, home of rampant underage drinking and highly permissive strip clubs. It'd be Bay laying waste to Shangri-La. Wouldn't be a dry eye in the house.
TRANSFORMERS 4 opens theatrically June 27, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 204 total posts 204 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 455 total posts 118 posts
- Cyborg is confirmed to appear in BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN, and we know who's going to play him! -- 109 total posts 109 posts
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 102 total posts 102 posts
- UPDATED (17:15) with image of the cast in character! Meet Jon M. Chu's JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS!! -- 68 total posts 68 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 177 total posts 47 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 75 total posts 46 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 52 total posts 44 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 44 total posts 35 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 55 total posts 33 posts