Kiefer Sutherland joins Paul WS Anderson's latest disaster (movie)
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I'm tough on poor ol' Paul WS Anderson and I feel bad about that sometimes. I know a few people who know him and they swear up and down that he's a sweet guy, a true geek with the best of intentions. So I start feeling bad, then start thinking I'm being too harsh. I mean, Event Horizon is pretty good and Mortal Kombat... well, it's shitty, but shitty in the right ways.
Then I watch literally anything else he's ever been a part of and I don't feel so guilty anymore. But like I said, I like Event Horizon, so I have a small sliver of hope for any one of his new movies (except if the words "Residet" or "Evil" are in the title). That's where I am with Pompeii, his latest film, a disaster flick about the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79AD.
The film began shooting last week and will star Game of Thrones' Kit Harington as a slave trying to rescue the love of his life, his master's daughter (Emily Browning), as the shit hits the fan.
The Hollywood Reporter says Kiefer Sutherland is in final negotiations to play the main bad guy, a Roman senator and slaver who is trying to steal Browning away for himself (who can blame him, really?).
I love it when Kiefer Sutherland plays a bad guy, so I guess there's that. Let's hope Paul WS Anderson's Pompeii 3-D is watchable...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 91 total posts 91 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 126 total posts 49 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 526 total posts 29 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 280 total posts 24 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 38 total posts 15 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 32 total posts 14 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 138 total posts 9 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 336 total posts 7 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 233 total posts 7 posts