Hugh Jackman Attaches Himself To SIX YEARS!!
The Kidd here...
Hugh Jackman has LES MISERABLES now behind him, THE WOLVERINE wrapped and on the way this summer and PRISONERS currently filming for a September release date later this year... but beyond that, not much else is filled Jackman's schedule other than a part in X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, and who knows how substantial that'll be? So it's time for him to line up his next film, and, per The Hollywood Reporter, that appears to be an adaptation of Harlan Coben's novel SIX YEARS.
Jackman has attached himself to star in the film, which at this point still lacks a director and a screenwriter while set up over at Paramount. The published form of SIX YEARS finally hit shelves today, and, via Amazon , here's an idea of the story that's to unfold...
Six years have passed since Jake Fisher watched Natalie, the love of his life, marry another man. Six years of hiding a broken heart by throwing himself into his career as a college professor. Six years of keeping his promise to leave Natalie alone, and six years of tortured dreams of her life with her new husband, Todd.
But six years haven’t come close to extinguishing his feelings, and when Jake comes across Todd’s obituary, he can’t keep himself away from the funeral. There he gets the glimpse of Todd’s wife he’s hoping for…but she is not Natalie. Whoever the mourning widow is, she’s been married to Todd for almost two decades, and with that fact everything Jake thought he knew about the best time of his life—a time he has never gotten over—is turned completely inside out.
As Jake searches for the truth, his picture-perfect memories of Natalie begin to unravel. Mutual friends of the couple either can’t be found, or don’t remember Jake. No one has seen Natalie in years. Jake’s search for the woman who broke his heart, who lied to him, soon puts his very life at risk as it dawns on him that the man he has become may be based on a carefully constructed fiction.
Coben's books have been best-sellers in the past, but only TELL NO ONE has made the transition from page to screen. However, I am curious to see what Jackman can do here with a rather interesting story premise.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 258 total posts 258 posts
- From The Wasteland Emerges A MAD MAX: FURY ROAD Teaser Poster! -- 146 total posts 146 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 143 total posts 143 posts
- Could These International TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Posters Win Over A Skeptical 7(ish) Year Old?? -- 135 total posts 135 posts
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 218 total posts 77 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 235 total posts 77 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 397 total posts 71 posts
- Aye! The Next PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN Film Has An Official Release Date!! -- 68 total posts 68 posts
- "I would never order an alcoholic beverage on the bridge..." Trailer for SPACE STATION 76 has its heart firmly in place and its tongue firmly in cheek! -- 106 total posts 57 posts
- Learn Which Movie Star Just Signed On To HBO’s Jonathan Nolan/Bad Robot Pilot WESTWORLD!! -- 46 total posts 46 posts