Hugh Jackman Attaches Himself To SIX YEARS!!
The Kidd here...
Hugh Jackman has LES MISERABLES now behind him, THE WOLVERINE wrapped and on the way this summer and PRISONERS currently filming for a September release date later this year... but beyond that, not much else is filled Jackman's schedule other than a part in X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, and who knows how substantial that'll be? So it's time for him to line up his next film, and, per The Hollywood Reporter, that appears to be an adaptation of Harlan Coben's novel SIX YEARS.
Jackman has attached himself to star in the film, which at this point still lacks a director and a screenwriter while set up over at Paramount. The published form of SIX YEARS finally hit shelves today, and, via Amazon , here's an idea of the story that's to unfold...
Six years have passed since Jake Fisher watched Natalie, the love of his life, marry another man. Six years of hiding a broken heart by throwing himself into his career as a college professor. Six years of keeping his promise to leave Natalie alone, and six years of tortured dreams of her life with her new husband, Todd.
But six years haven’t come close to extinguishing his feelings, and when Jake comes across Todd’s obituary, he can’t keep himself away from the funeral. There he gets the glimpse of Todd’s wife he’s hoping for…but she is not Natalie. Whoever the mourning widow is, she’s been married to Todd for almost two decades, and with that fact everything Jake thought he knew about the best time of his life—a time he has never gotten over—is turned completely inside out.
As Jake searches for the truth, his picture-perfect memories of Natalie begin to unravel. Mutual friends of the couple either can’t be found, or don’t remember Jake. No one has seen Natalie in years. Jake’s search for the woman who broke his heart, who lied to him, soon puts his very life at risk as it dawns on him that the man he has become may be based on a carefully constructed fiction.
Coben's books have been best-sellers in the past, but only TELL NO ONE has made the transition from page to screen. However, I am curious to see what Jackman can do here with a rather interesting story premise.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Superman & Lois Lane get wet together!!! BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!! -- 272 total posts 207 posts
- Capone examines how THE NOVEMBER MAN takes the weakest James Bond and makes him a killer spy!!! -- 109 total posts 109 posts
- Mike Epps Is Lee Daniels's Richard Pryor! -- 131 total posts 70 posts
- Ridley Scott Says The BLADE RUNNER Sequel Is Written And It’s… -- 421 total posts 65 posts
- Copernicus interviews Andy Weir, author of THE MARTIAN -- Ridley Scott's next film! -- 46 total posts 46 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 275 total posts 46 posts
- Fox To Remake LAURA With A Screenplay By James Ellroy! -- 53 total posts 32 posts
- Lionsgate to bring us Arnold Schwarzenegger vs. zombies in MAGGIE come early 2015! -- 203 total posts 20 posts
- BIG HERO 6 Coming To Disney Infinity 2.0!! And STAR WARS!? -- 20 total posts 20 posts
- Harry Potter Gets Horny!! No, Really!! See, He Has HORNS!! -- 11 total posts 11 posts