Hugh Jackman Attaches Himself To SIX YEARS!!
The Kidd here...
Hugh Jackman has LES MISERABLES now behind him, THE WOLVERINE wrapped and on the way this summer and PRISONERS currently filming for a September release date later this year... but beyond that, not much else is filled Jackman's schedule other than a part in X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, and who knows how substantial that'll be? So it's time for him to line up his next film, and, per The Hollywood Reporter, that appears to be an adaptation of Harlan Coben's novel SIX YEARS.
Jackman has attached himself to star in the film, which at this point still lacks a director and a screenwriter while set up over at Paramount. The published form of SIX YEARS finally hit shelves today, and, via Amazon , here's an idea of the story that's to unfold...
Six years have passed since Jake Fisher watched Natalie, the love of his life, marry another man. Six years of hiding a broken heart by throwing himself into his career as a college professor. Six years of keeping his promise to leave Natalie alone, and six years of tortured dreams of her life with her new husband, Todd.
But six years haven’t come close to extinguishing his feelings, and when Jake comes across Todd’s obituary, he can’t keep himself away from the funeral. There he gets the glimpse of Todd’s wife he’s hoping for…but she is not Natalie. Whoever the mourning widow is, she’s been married to Todd for almost two decades, and with that fact everything Jake thought he knew about the best time of his life—a time he has never gotten over—is turned completely inside out.
As Jake searches for the truth, his picture-perfect memories of Natalie begin to unravel. Mutual friends of the couple either can’t be found, or don’t remember Jake. No one has seen Natalie in years. Jake’s search for the woman who broke his heart, who lied to him, soon puts his very life at risk as it dawns on him that the man he has become may be based on a carefully constructed fiction.
Coben's books have been best-sellers in the past, but only TELL NO ONE has made the transition from page to screen. However, I am curious to see what Jackman can do here with a rather interesting story premise.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- You're going to have to wait until 2017 to fly again with Hiccup and Toothless in HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 3! -- 38 total posts 11 posts
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 228 total posts 10 posts
- WIRE Reunion!! Clarke Peters Joins Winona Ryder, James Belushi, Daniel Stern, Alfred Molina, Catherine Keener And Oscar Isaac For David Simon’s HBO Class-Warfare Miniseries SHOW ME A HERO!! -- 19 total posts 8 posts
- Guillermo del Toro and Legendary Teaming Up with YouTube for Halloween Short Films Project! -- 38 total posts 7 posts
- A Badass GAME OF THRONES Sword Guy Has Apparently Been Cast In STAR WARS EPISODE VII!! -- 164 total posts 5 posts
- Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling to bust some heads as Shane Black's NICE GUYS in July 2016! -- 42 total posts 5 posts
- Ridley Scott Says The BLADE RUNNER Sequel Is Written And It’s… -- 470 total posts 4 posts
- BBC Issues DOCTOR WHO: ‘Robot of Sherwood’ Promo Images!! + DOCTOR WHO EXTRAs For ‘Deep Breath’ And ‘Into the Dalek’ Are Now On YouTube!! -- 81 total posts 4 posts
-- 25 total posts 3 posts
- New Red-Band Trailer For ABCs OF DEATH 2 Ain't Fucking Around! -- 36 total posts 2 posts