Hugh Jackman Attaches Himself To SIX YEARS!!
The Kidd here...
Hugh Jackman has LES MISERABLES now behind him, THE WOLVERINE wrapped and on the way this summer and PRISONERS currently filming for a September release date later this year... but beyond that, not much else is filled Jackman's schedule other than a part in X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, and who knows how substantial that'll be? So it's time for him to line up his next film, and, per The Hollywood Reporter, that appears to be an adaptation of Harlan Coben's novel SIX YEARS.
Jackman has attached himself to star in the film, which at this point still lacks a director and a screenwriter while set up over at Paramount. The published form of SIX YEARS finally hit shelves today, and, via Amazon , here's an idea of the story that's to unfold...
Six years have passed since Jake Fisher watched Natalie, the love of his life, marry another man. Six years of hiding a broken heart by throwing himself into his career as a college professor. Six years of keeping his promise to leave Natalie alone, and six years of tortured dreams of her life with her new husband, Todd.
But six years haven’t come close to extinguishing his feelings, and when Jake comes across Todd’s obituary, he can’t keep himself away from the funeral. There he gets the glimpse of Todd’s wife he’s hoping for…but she is not Natalie. Whoever the mourning widow is, she’s been married to Todd for almost two decades, and with that fact everything Jake thought he knew about the best time of his life—a time he has never gotten over—is turned completely inside out.
As Jake searches for the truth, his picture-perfect memories of Natalie begin to unravel. Mutual friends of the couple either can’t be found, or don’t remember Jake. No one has seen Natalie in years. Jake’s search for the woman who broke his heart, who lied to him, soon puts his very life at risk as it dawns on him that the man he has become may be based on a carefully constructed fiction.
Coben's books have been best-sellers in the past, but only TELL NO ONE has made the transition from page to screen. However, I am curious to see what Jackman can do here with a rather interesting story premise.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Fox has hired a pair of writers to get a FLASH GORDON movie off the ground! -- 301 total posts 222 posts
- Today's STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Status Report: Casting "Almost Complete", Second Unit Shooting Underway! -- 332 total posts 76 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 307 total posts 59 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 42 total posts 42 posts
Learn What’s Ahead
For GAME OF THRONES!! -- 59 total posts 37 posts
- ‘So Who Wants To Go First??’ Amy Acker Is The Cellist In Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! ELSEWHERE & ER On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! New AWKWARD, SWAP, BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, TOSH, GLEE, FIRE, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL, FARGO, FISHER & VOICE!! CONTAINER Finale!! Don Rickles On KIMMEL!! Natalie Dormer On SETH!! Stephen Colbert On LETTERMAN!! Elizabeth Warren On THE DAILY SHOW!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 164 total posts 36 posts
- Robert Downey Jr. seems to be tweeting a picture a day from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron... -- 31 total posts 31 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 25 total posts 25 posts