Gru Is Back To Fight Villains In New DESPICABLE ME 2 Trailer!!
The Kidd here...
The more I've seen the first DESPICABLE ME since its release (my son is a big fan and watched it all the time for awhile), the more I've come to appreciate its dark humor, which fits comfortably in-between its moments of cuteness and its family-friendly presentation. The Minions provide their fair share of entertainment value, but when Steve Carell's Gru is allowed to be at his baddest, that's where the film has given me the most laughs.
However, with the super-villain developing a heart of gold already, I'm quite curious to see where they could take the story next for a sequel. With everyone ending up as a big happy family last time, what type of conflict could arise now? And we get a bit of an idea in the new trailer Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment have released for DESPICABLE ME 2, as Gru is called upon to use his prior villainous ways to stop new super-villains from taking over/destroying the world. There's enough Minion gags here to generate some laughs, but not much surrounding Gru and his new mission, and while I wish I could see a bit more to have some idea on how this follow-up is going to shake out, I can't complain too much that Universal isn't putting everything out there right now, and is holding plenty back for us to experience once we actually get inside the theatre.
Right now, they just need to build awareness that the brand is returning, and, if you enjoyed the first one, you'll most likely return for a second helping. I think this new trailer does the trick.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 54 total posts 54 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 104 total posts 27 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 510 total posts 13 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 33 total posts 10 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 265 total posts 9 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 22 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 11 total posts 3 posts