Gru Is Back To Fight Villains In New DESPICABLE ME 2 Trailer!!
The Kidd here...
The more I've seen the first DESPICABLE ME since its release (my son is a big fan and watched it all the time for awhile), the more I've come to appreciate its dark humor, which fits comfortably in-between its moments of cuteness and its family-friendly presentation. The Minions provide their fair share of entertainment value, but when Steve Carell's Gru is allowed to be at his baddest, that's where the film has given me the most laughs.
However, with the super-villain developing a heart of gold already, I'm quite curious to see where they could take the story next for a sequel. With everyone ending up as a big happy family last time, what type of conflict could arise now? And we get a bit of an idea in the new trailer Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment have released for DESPICABLE ME 2, as Gru is called upon to use his prior villainous ways to stop new super-villains from taking over/destroying the world. There's enough Minion gags here to generate some laughs, but not much surrounding Gru and his new mission, and while I wish I could see a bit more to have some idea on how this follow-up is going to shake out, I can't complain too much that Universal isn't putting everything out there right now, and is holding plenty back for us to experience once we actually get inside the theatre.
Right now, they just need to build awareness that the brand is returning, and, if you enjoyed the first one, you'll most likely return for a second helping. I think this new trailer does the trick.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 179 total posts 24 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 128 total posts 14 posts
- Scream and Shout: Quint is inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy to revisit BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)! -- 83 total posts 5 posts
- Here’s BBC’s Synopsis Of DOCTOR WHO S08E03: “Robots of Sherwood’ !! -- 61 total posts 5 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 105 total posts 3 posts
- Co-Director Anthony Russo Is Teasing, What, Exactly, Regarding CAPTAIN AMERICA 3?? -- 200 total posts 3 posts
2012-2014 -- 32 total posts 2 posts
- Our first look at the main character from Pixar's INSIDE OUT! -- 102 total posts 1 post
- Just How Conjoined Is Sarah Paulson In AHS FREAK SHOW?? See For Yourself!! -- 44 total posts 1 post
- Martin Scorsese May Make A Film About One Of America's Greatest Bands! Gabba Gabba Hey! -- 218 total posts 1 post