Jim Gillespie Returns To Directing With TAKE DOWN!!
The Kidd here...
Okay, admit it... many of you don't even know who Jim Gillespie is. You couldn't put a face to the name if you had a gun to your head, and you certainly couldn't recall the movies associated with him. I had to do my own research to get some more details on the guy, but Gillespie was the man behind the camera for the 90s slasher hit I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER, which tried to capitalize on all the interest in the genre that SCREAM generated at the time. If you recall, you could throw a rock during that period and hit a teen slasher horror flick... that's how many of them seemed to be rushing to theatres then. It's not a great film by any means, but, as someone right in that target age bracket back in '97, you really couldn't go wrong with a film that featured Jennifer Love Hewitt and Sarah Michelle Gellar then and there... even if it does have a killer fisherman.
Following I KNOW WHAT YOU DID, Gillespie wasn't involved with its less memorable sequel, and went on to make a pair of movies only a handful of people have seen - EYE SEE YOU, the Sylvester Stallone crime thriller that didn't see a limited U.S. release until three full years after its international run, and VENOM, a voodoo horror film that only took in $881, 779 at the box office. That last picture was back in 2005, meaning Gillespie hasn't directed a feature length film in eight years.
Well, someone must have really liked his earlier work, as Gillespie is heading back to the director's chair to helm TAKE DOWN from a script written by Alexander Ignon, who is best known for RANSOM. According to Variety, TAKE DOWN would showcase an international cast of teens sent away from their billionaire parents to a boarding school out in the middle of nowhere. A group of kidnappers take the school hostage though, and it's up to these kids to fight back against their captors. So kind of like TOY SOLDIERS, I guess.
No casting has taken place just yet, but if they get the right mix of youngsters for this, it could be fun on some level.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Are you ready for VENOM and SINISTER-SIX films? -- 316 total posts 316 posts
- War Machine to join Iron Man and friends in THE AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON!?! -- 203 total posts 203 posts
- THE NAKED GUN To Abuse Nordberg Once More?? -- 146 total posts 146 posts
- Capone believes a dragon and a host of new characters save THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG!!! -- 71 total posts 71 posts
- International Trailer for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2!!! -- 65 total posts 65 posts
- Renny Harlin's THE LEGEND OF HERCULES Get a New Trailer! -- 56 total posts 56 posts
- The Friday Docback Awaits 'The Time of the Doctor'!! Looking Forward To DOCTOR WHO's Christmas Regeneration, And More!! -- 50 total posts 50 posts
- BBCA Brings Forth New Images From 'The Time of the Doctor' - Matt Smith's Final Episode Of DOCTOR WHO!! -- 158 total posts 33 posts
- Mr. Beaks And Jason Schwartzman Tune Up A Supercalifragilistic Interview About Richard M. Sherman And SAVING MR. BANKS! -- 31 total posts 31 posts
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 417 total posts 23 posts