Jim Gillespie Returns To Directing With TAKE DOWN!!
The Kidd here...
Okay, admit it... many of you don't even know who Jim Gillespie is. You couldn't put a face to the name if you had a gun to your head, and you certainly couldn't recall the movies associated with him. I had to do my own research to get some more details on the guy, but Gillespie was the man behind the camera for the 90s slasher hit I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER, which tried to capitalize on all the interest in the genre that SCREAM generated at the time. If you recall, you could throw a rock during that period and hit a teen slasher horror flick... that's how many of them seemed to be rushing to theatres then. It's not a great film by any means, but, as someone right in that target age bracket back in '97, you really couldn't go wrong with a film that featured Jennifer Love Hewitt and Sarah Michelle Gellar then and there... even if it does have a killer fisherman.
Following I KNOW WHAT YOU DID, Gillespie wasn't involved with its less memorable sequel, and went on to make a pair of movies only a handful of people have seen - EYE SEE YOU, the Sylvester Stallone crime thriller that didn't see a limited U.S. release until three full years after its international run, and VENOM, a voodoo horror film that only took in $881, 779 at the box office. That last picture was back in 2005, meaning Gillespie hasn't directed a feature length film in eight years.
Well, someone must have really liked his earlier work, as Gillespie is heading back to the director's chair to helm TAKE DOWN from a script written by Alexander Ignon, who is best known for RANSOM. According to Variety, TAKE DOWN would showcase an international cast of teens sent away from their billionaire parents to a boarding school out in the middle of nowhere. A group of kidnappers take the school hostage though, and it's up to these kids to fight back against their captors. So kind of like TOY SOLDIERS, I guess.
No casting has taken place just yet, but if they get the right mix of youngsters for this, it could be fun on some level.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Superman gets a new costume for BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 234 total posts 101 posts
- Check Out this Awesome Trailer for AUTOMATA - Antonio Banderas and Robots! -- 104 total posts 97 posts
- Check out a description for the first trailer for Quentin Tarantino's THE HATEFUL EIGHT! -- 100 total posts 56 posts
- Evangeline Lilly Instagrams Her ANT-MAN Look!! -- 55 total posts 55 posts
- A Provocative New Trailer For THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES!! Nic Cage, Tim Burton, Kevin Smith… -- 401 total posts 50 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 284 total posts 46 posts
- Don't count Andy Serkis' JUNGLE BOOK out just yet! He's scored Batman, Galadriel, Moneypenny, and Smaug for his cast! -- 102 total posts 24 posts
- Behold The Probably Offensive But Kinda Cool DEAD SNOW 2 Poster!! -- 16 total posts 16 posts
- Showtime Renews MASTERS OF SEX And RAY DONOVAN For Third Seasons!! -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- T-MINUS 3 DAYS(ish) And It’s A Wednesday MiniDocback!! New ‘DOCTOR WHO EXTRA’ BTS Show Announced, Germany To Initially Transmit ‘Deep Breath’ Undubbed, And HornOrSilk Reviews ‘The Abandoned’ Big Finish Audio!! -- 35 total posts 10 posts