Jim Gillespie Returns To Directing With TAKE DOWN!!
The Kidd here...
Okay, admit it... many of you don't even know who Jim Gillespie is. You couldn't put a face to the name if you had a gun to your head, and you certainly couldn't recall the movies associated with him. I had to do my own research to get some more details on the guy, but Gillespie was the man behind the camera for the 90s slasher hit I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER, which tried to capitalize on all the interest in the genre that SCREAM generated at the time. If you recall, you could throw a rock during that period and hit a teen slasher horror flick... that's how many of them seemed to be rushing to theatres then. It's not a great film by any means, but, as someone right in that target age bracket back in '97, you really couldn't go wrong with a film that featured Jennifer Love Hewitt and Sarah Michelle Gellar then and there... even if it does have a killer fisherman.
Following I KNOW WHAT YOU DID, Gillespie wasn't involved with its less memorable sequel, and went on to make a pair of movies only a handful of people have seen - EYE SEE YOU, the Sylvester Stallone crime thriller that didn't see a limited U.S. release until three full years after its international run, and VENOM, a voodoo horror film that only took in $881, 779 at the box office. That last picture was back in 2005, meaning Gillespie hasn't directed a feature length film in eight years.
Well, someone must have really liked his earlier work, as Gillespie is heading back to the director's chair to helm TAKE DOWN from a script written by Alexander Ignon, who is best known for RANSOM. According to Variety, TAKE DOWN would showcase an international cast of teens sent away from their billionaire parents to a boarding school out in the middle of nowhere. A group of kidnappers take the school hostage though, and it's up to these kids to fight back against their captors. So kind of like TOY SOLDIERS, I guess.
No casting has taken place just yet, but if they get the right mix of youngsters for this, it could be fun on some level.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- New MAN OF STEEL trailer makes me happy that Superman has severe red eye!!! -- 641 total posts 541 posts
- That rumor about Sony selling SPIDER-MAN? Don't you believe it for a second! -- 154 total posts 154 posts
- We have some new details on the POLTERGEIST remake/reboot/sequel!! -- 142 total posts 142 posts
- Yo Listen Up Here's A Story About A Little Guy That Lives In A Blue World... -- 125 total posts 125 posts
- Steven Spielberg to produce a live action Halo series for Microsoft! -- 206 total posts 121 posts
- So is JURASSIC PARK IV a remake or a reboot? Sam Neill thinks he has the answer! -- 204 total posts 94 posts
- Nordling Reviews FAST AND FURIOUS 6! -- 83 total posts 83 posts
- Harry dives into STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS' spoilers to reveal the truth behind the blockbuster we're seeing! -- 1362 total posts 81 posts
- Microsoft's Reveal Of The Next XBOX Is Upon Us, And Streaming Here!! -- 387 total posts 77 posts
- Behold A Very Fun Trailer For Edgar Wright's THE WORLD'S END!! -- 69 total posts 69 posts