‘It’s Like The Alarm Goes
Off, I’m Sucking Dick!!’
Hercules Says Tonight’s Antepenultimate JUSTIFIED Is Crazy!! Fucking!! Awesome!!
Justified 4.11 FAQ
What’s it called?
Teleplay is credited to series mastermind Graham Yost & screenwriter Chris Provenzano (the 2009 big-screen Robert Duvall vehicle “Get Low”).
What says FX?
“Boyd and the Detroit Mob try every dirty trick there is to stop Raylan and Drew Thompson from leaving Harlan alive.”
The big news?
This is easily the best “Justified” of the season and one of the best episodes of “Justified” ever. It’s as good as one of the better Elmore Leonard movies, and I don’t have praise a lot higher than that. I wish I could figure out a way to watch it again with an audience of strangers.
What else is FX not telling us?
Art Mullen reveals some unexpected fandom. And Drew Thompson reveals he first met Arlo a long time ago in a hemisphere far, far away. And – I can’t believe I’m saying this – Mike O’Malley is a revelation in this.
How does it start?
As Tonin’s helicopter circles overhead, Art asks Tim if he has a rocket launcher. “Sadly, no,” responds Tim.
How far is it from Harlan to Lexington?
A three-hour drive, according to Google Maps. Tim believes they can make it in two.
The marshals don’t have their own helicopter?
The nearest is 45 minutes away, and Raylan doesn’t like the idea of waiting around that long for Tonin’s army to make its move.
“Decoy,” eh? Does the Marshal Service pull a Richard Kimball and put a razor and some hair dye to work?
Shelby’s whiskers remain intact.
Does Colt survive this episode?
I can only tell you Ron Eldard does himself proud this week.
Any forward motion on Boyd’s Dairy Queen franchise?
Not as such.
Any sign of Randall, Lindsey, the Foxy Grifter, or the ghost of Arlo Givens?
Arlo’s ghost hangs over the episode, but Raymond J. Barry did not earn a check for this episode.
Does Ellstin chop off pieces of Ellen May this week?
Neither character appears this week.
Do we see Theo Tonin relaxing poolside with his one good eye?
Adam Arkin remains wholly offscreen.
Patton Oswalt as Constable Bob Sweeney! Mike O’Malley as Mr. Augustine! Walton Goggins as Boyd Crowder! Tim Olyphant as Raylan Givens! Augustine’s conversation with Ava. The astronaut argument. The Sunday school lesson. Art getting Raylan’s “Wild Bunch” reference. Tim’s cell call. YOLO. My flashback to “Reservoir Dogs.” “You’ll allow the contraction as one.” “Oh, shit, you’re right, I’ll change it.” “It’s not a fantasy.” “Oh, there’s a sad part?” “Yeah, I don’t know what that is either.” “No!! No!!” “Drusitania.” “Why don’t you carry me?” “You’re on that side.” “I got, yeah.” “Take Yoda’s.” “He drove the car. I’ll bet a dollar.” “You’re gonna have a bad afternoon.” “Don’t.” “I thought you were gonna throw it.” “Oh, you’re right.” “Extraordinary vacuuming skills.” “He must be good at that machine!” “Oops!” “I see what you like about her.” “You’re welcome to come in and look for it.” “Splendid.” “And then you threaten to kill us if we don’t tell.” “You promise me too, Boyd.”
What’s not so good?
After tonight? Only two season-four episodes of “Justified” left.
How does it end, spoiler boy?
“There’s another way.”
10 p.m. Tuesday. FX.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Matthew McConaughey as Randall Flag in THE STAND?!! -- 187 total posts 59 posts
- Take A ‘Deep Breath’ - The DOCTOR WHO S8 Weekend Docbacks Begin Now!! -- 133 total posts 24 posts
- ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Season Premiere Of DOCTOR WHO And Asks: Why Is It So Terrible?? -- 182 total posts 17 posts
- Get A Grip On Denzel Washington’s EQUALIZER!! -- 118 total posts 8 posts
- Quint sits down with Frank Miller to talk a little about Sin City: A Dame To Kill For! -- 165 total posts 6 posts
- Creepy Dolls and Satanic Cults! Full ANNABELLE Trailer is Here! -- 103 total posts 6 posts
- An Andrew Dominik-written, Justin Lin-directed SHAOLIN TEMPLE remake is in the works! -- 27 total posts 4 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 390 total posts 4 posts
- Jeremy Receives His Marching Orders From Combat Carl Weathers For TOY STORY OF TERROR! -- 26 total posts 2 posts
- AICN Tabletop: Abstruse Reports On GenCon 2014! -- 14 total posts 2 posts