‘It’s Like The Alarm Goes
Off, I’m Sucking Dick!!’
Hercules Says Tonight’s Antepenultimate JUSTIFIED Is Crazy!! Fucking!! Awesome!!
Justified 4.11 FAQ
What’s it called?
Teleplay is credited to series mastermind Graham Yost & screenwriter Chris Provenzano (the 2009 big-screen Robert Duvall vehicle “Get Low”).
What says FX?
“Boyd and the Detroit Mob try every dirty trick there is to stop Raylan and Drew Thompson from leaving Harlan alive.”
The big news?
This is easily the best “Justified” of the season and one of the best episodes of “Justified” ever. It’s as good as one of the better Elmore Leonard movies, and I don’t have praise a lot higher than that. I wish I could figure out a way to watch it again with an audience of strangers.
What else is FX not telling us?
Art Mullen reveals some unexpected fandom. And Drew Thompson reveals he first met Arlo a long time ago in a hemisphere far, far away. And – I can’t believe I’m saying this – Mike O’Malley is a revelation in this.
How does it start?
As Tonin’s helicopter circles overhead, Art asks Tim if he has a rocket launcher. “Sadly, no,” responds Tim.
How far is it from Harlan to Lexington?
A three-hour drive, according to Google Maps. Tim believes they can make it in two.
The marshals don’t have their own helicopter?
The nearest is 45 minutes away, and Raylan doesn’t like the idea of waiting around that long for Tonin’s army to make its move.
“Decoy,” eh? Does the Marshal Service pull a Richard Kimball and put a razor and some hair dye to work?
Shelby’s whiskers remain intact.
Does Colt survive this episode?
I can only tell you Ron Eldard does himself proud this week.
Any forward motion on Boyd’s Dairy Queen franchise?
Not as such.
Any sign of Randall, Lindsey, the Foxy Grifter, or the ghost of Arlo Givens?
Arlo’s ghost hangs over the episode, but Raymond J. Barry did not earn a check for this episode.
Does Ellstin chop off pieces of Ellen May this week?
Neither character appears this week.
Do we see Theo Tonin relaxing poolside with his one good eye?
Adam Arkin remains wholly offscreen.
Patton Oswalt as Constable Bob Sweeney! Mike O’Malley as Mr. Augustine! Walton Goggins as Boyd Crowder! Tim Olyphant as Raylan Givens! Augustine’s conversation with Ava. The astronaut argument. The Sunday school lesson. Art getting Raylan’s “Wild Bunch” reference. Tim’s cell call. YOLO. My flashback to “Reservoir Dogs.” “You’ll allow the contraction as one.” “Oh, shit, you’re right, I’ll change it.” “It’s not a fantasy.” “Oh, there’s a sad part?” “Yeah, I don’t know what that is either.” “No!! No!!” “Drusitania.” “Why don’t you carry me?” “You’re on that side.” “I got, yeah.” “Take Yoda’s.” “He drove the car. I’ll bet a dollar.” “You’re gonna have a bad afternoon.” “Don’t.” “I thought you were gonna throw it.” “Oh, you’re right.” “Extraordinary vacuuming skills.” “He must be good at that machine!” “Oops!” “I see what you like about her.” “You’re welcome to come in and look for it.” “Splendid.” “And then you threaten to kill us if we don’t tell.” “You promise me too, Boyd.”
What’s not so good?
After tonight? Only two season-four episodes of “Justified” left.
How does it end, spoiler boy?
“There’s another way.”
10 p.m. Tuesday. FX.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Check out this MASSIVE new HOBBIT: BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES banner!! -- 196 total posts 41 posts
- Hold off, Aaron Cross: Matt Damon's back as Jason Bourne! -- 153 total posts 39 posts
- SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE Hires 20-Year-Old Cast Member!! -- 56 total posts 25 posts
- Here come a remake that will really make you feel old - Sony is fast tracking a remake to I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER! -- 107 total posts 23 posts
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 130 total posts 20 posts
- Scott Glenn Joins Charlie Cox, Vincent D’Onofrio, Rosario Dawson, Elden Henson and Deborah Ann Woll For Netflix’s DAREDEVIL Series!! -- 59 total posts 16 posts
- Looks like they got the right Mann to play Audrey Griswald in the VACATION update! -- 97 total posts 15 posts
- The New Trailer For THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PART 1 Hints That The Movie Is Freakin’ Huge!! -- 266 total posts 13 posts
- New Poster for V/H/S: VIRAL!!! -- 27 total posts 10 posts
- Adam Wingard and Simon Barrett to take on I SAW THE DEVIL REMAKE!!!!!!!! -- 51 total posts 7 posts