James Cameron Is Living In Pandora Right Now To Get AVATARs 2 And 3 Written!!
The Kidd here...
While my enthusiasm for the first AVATAR has certainly waned since I first saw it in a theatre (What can I say? The hype machine got me.), I am much more interested in seeing what James Cameron has planned for the two announced sequels that he's developing. We've heard plenty of rumors about the next one taken place beneath the surface, in the waters of Pandora, but my intrigues lies more with the idea that we may be getting something unique, something original with these characters, and not a rehash of DANCES WITH WOLVES, FERN GULLY, etc.
James Cameron recently talked to Life Goes Strong in order to promote the release of CIRQUE DU SOLEIL: WORLDS AWAY on Blu-ray and DVD, and, while he didn't offer up any details as to where his adventures were heading next, he at least confirmed that he's not taking his sweet time getting the scripts for the two AVATAR follow-ups written. He's burning through them rather quickly right now.
"I was talking the other day with Peter Jackson and said, 'You had it easy dude. You had the books when you did the second and third LORD OF THE RINGS. I have to create my own books in my head and extract a script from it. I'm deep into it and I'm living in Pandora right now. There is that start up torque where you feel it's coming to you. Then you build up momentum. That's when it gets fun. The characters talk and it's writing itself. I'm almost there right now. It's building fast... As a writer, I need isolation. I'm calling you from New Zealand right now where I'm writing on a little farm. When you live in a special world like Pandora, you have to live in that world."
As for when we can expect AVATAR 2 to finally hit screens, Cameron remarks that it all depends upon when the script is done. At least someone is putting that damn thing first these days.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 98 total posts 21 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 506 total posts 9 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 13 total posts 7 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 263 total posts 7 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 26 total posts 3 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 21 total posts 3 posts
- 3rd week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: Welles,Wilder,Svankmajer, Mann,Jeong, Sirk,Trier & more!!! -- 155 total posts 1 post
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 227 total posts 1 post