James Cameron Is Living In Pandora Right Now To Get AVATARs 2 And 3 Written!!
The Kidd here...
While my enthusiasm for the first AVATAR has certainly waned since I first saw it in a theatre (What can I say? The hype machine got me.), I am much more interested in seeing what James Cameron has planned for the two announced sequels that he's developing. We've heard plenty of rumors about the next one taken place beneath the surface, in the waters of Pandora, but my intrigues lies more with the idea that we may be getting something unique, something original with these characters, and not a rehash of DANCES WITH WOLVES, FERN GULLY, etc.
James Cameron recently talked to Life Goes Strong in order to promote the release of CIRQUE DU SOLEIL: WORLDS AWAY on Blu-ray and DVD, and, while he didn't offer up any details as to where his adventures were heading next, he at least confirmed that he's not taking his sweet time getting the scripts for the two AVATAR follow-ups written. He's burning through them rather quickly right now.
"I was talking the other day with Peter Jackson and said, 'You had it easy dude. You had the books when you did the second and third LORD OF THE RINGS. I have to create my own books in my head and extract a script from it. I'm deep into it and I'm living in Pandora right now. There is that start up torque where you feel it's coming to you. Then you build up momentum. That's when it gets fun. The characters talk and it's writing itself. I'm almost there right now. It's building fast... As a writer, I need isolation. I'm calling you from New Zealand right now where I'm writing on a little farm. When you live in a special world like Pandora, you have to live in that world."
As for when we can expect AVATAR 2 to finally hit screens, Cameron remarks that it all depends upon when the script is done. At least someone is putting that damn thing first these days.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- A biker gang, Gipsy Danger, and now Charlie Hunnam will command the KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND RABLE as King Arthur! -- 83 total posts 31 posts
- The first SAW returns to theaters this Halloween! -- 67 total posts 15 posts
- Martin Scorsese May Make A Film About One Of America's Greatest Bands! Gabba Gabba Hey! -- 120 total posts 13 posts
- Warner Bros. is moving quickly on getting the Looney Tunes characters and ACME back on the big screen! -- 63 total posts 10 posts
- Two Clips From DOCTOR WHO S08E02: ‘Into the Dalek’!! -- 31 total posts 9 posts
- Superman & Lois Lane get wet together!!! BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!! -- 343 total posts 7 posts
- Capone examines how THE NOVEMBER MAN takes the weakest James Bond and makes him a killer spy!!! -- 243 total posts 6 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 274 total posts 6 posts
- Character posters for Liam Hemsworth, Natalie Dormer, and more of the resistance from HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY! -- 59 total posts 6 posts
- Harry Potter Gets Horny!! No, Really!! See, He Has HORNS!! -- 64 total posts 5 posts