James Cameron Is Living In Pandora Right Now To Get AVATARs 2 And 3 Written!!
The Kidd here...
While my enthusiasm for the first AVATAR has certainly waned since I first saw it in a theatre (What can I say? The hype machine got me.), I am much more interested in seeing what James Cameron has planned for the two announced sequels that he's developing. We've heard plenty of rumors about the next one taken place beneath the surface, in the waters of Pandora, but my intrigues lies more with the idea that we may be getting something unique, something original with these characters, and not a rehash of DANCES WITH WOLVES, FERN GULLY, etc.
James Cameron recently talked to Life Goes Strong in order to promote the release of CIRQUE DU SOLEIL: WORLDS AWAY on Blu-ray and DVD, and, while he didn't offer up any details as to where his adventures were heading next, he at least confirmed that he's not taking his sweet time getting the scripts for the two AVATAR follow-ups written. He's burning through them rather quickly right now.
"I was talking the other day with Peter Jackson and said, 'You had it easy dude. You had the books when you did the second and third LORD OF THE RINGS. I have to create my own books in my head and extract a script from it. I'm deep into it and I'm living in Pandora right now. There is that start up torque where you feel it's coming to you. Then you build up momentum. That's when it gets fun. The characters talk and it's writing itself. I'm almost there right now. It's building fast... As a writer, I need isolation. I'm calling you from New Zealand right now where I'm writing on a little farm. When you live in a special world like Pandora, you have to live in that world."
As for when we can expect AVATAR 2 to finally hit screens, Cameron remarks that it all depends upon when the script is done. At least someone is putting that damn thing first these days.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone believes that FAST & FURIOUS 6 is the best in a bizarre, crowded franchise!!! -- 101 total posts 35 posts
- Beware Epileptics - we have a new motion poster for the upcoming remake of CARRIE! -- 83 total posts 23 posts
- Spoilery early review of MAN OF STEEL!! -- 439 total posts 21 posts
- The Friday Docback Revisits DOCTOR WHO Season 7!! A Fuller Review Of 'The Name of the Doctor,' And More!! -- 92 total posts 17 posts
- Capone makes the case that THE HANGOVER PART III is neither a comedy nor a movie!!! -- 74 total posts 15 posts
- Jim Jarmusch's vampire flick ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE gets picked up for U.S. distribution by Sony Pictures Classics!! -- 29 total posts 15 posts
- Capone says the stunning 3-D visuals elevate the standard-issue plot of EPIC!!! -- 42 total posts 15 posts
- New trailer for Casey Affleck and Rooney Mara's upcoming western, AIN'T THEM BODIES SAINTS!! -- 55 total posts 14 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 213 total posts 13 posts
HERCULES ON THE RADIO!!
Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks About The New WOLVERINE Trailer, Soderbergh’s CANDELABBRA, FURIOUS 6, HANGOVER III, EPIC, GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN And More!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT/11pm ET!! -- 12 total posts 12 posts