James Cameron Is Living In Pandora Right Now To Get AVATARs 2 And 3 Written!!
The Kidd here...
While my enthusiasm for the first AVATAR has certainly waned since I first saw it in a theatre (What can I say? The hype machine got me.), I am much more interested in seeing what James Cameron has planned for the two announced sequels that he's developing. We've heard plenty of rumors about the next one taken place beneath the surface, in the waters of Pandora, but my intrigues lies more with the idea that we may be getting something unique, something original with these characters, and not a rehash of DANCES WITH WOLVES, FERN GULLY, etc.
James Cameron recently talked to Life Goes Strong in order to promote the release of CIRQUE DU SOLEIL: WORLDS AWAY on Blu-ray and DVD, and, while he didn't offer up any details as to where his adventures were heading next, he at least confirmed that he's not taking his sweet time getting the scripts for the two AVATAR follow-ups written. He's burning through them rather quickly right now.
"I was talking the other day with Peter Jackson and said, 'You had it easy dude. You had the books when you did the second and third LORD OF THE RINGS. I have to create my own books in my head and extract a script from it. I'm deep into it and I'm living in Pandora right now. There is that start up torque where you feel it's coming to you. Then you build up momentum. That's when it gets fun. The characters talk and it's writing itself. I'm almost there right now. It's building fast... As a writer, I need isolation. I'm calling you from New Zealand right now where I'm writing on a little farm. When you live in a special world like Pandora, you have to live in that world."
As for when we can expect AVATAR 2 to finally hit screens, Cameron remarks that it all depends upon when the script is done. At least someone is putting that damn thing first these days.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 213 total posts 213 posts
- Cyborg is confirmed to appear in BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN, and we know who's going to play him! -- 179 total posts 179 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 457 total posts 120 posts
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 113 total posts 113 posts
- UPDATED (17:15) with image of the cast in character! Meet Jon M. Chu's JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS!! -- 83 total posts 83 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 179 total posts 49 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 75 total posts 46 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 53 total posts 45 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 44 total posts 35 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 56 total posts 34 posts