James Cameron Is Living In Pandora Right Now To Get AVATARs 2 And 3 Written!!
The Kidd here...
While my enthusiasm for the first AVATAR has certainly waned since I first saw it in a theatre (What can I say? The hype machine got me.), I am much more interested in seeing what James Cameron has planned for the two announced sequels that he's developing. We've heard plenty of rumors about the next one taken place beneath the surface, in the waters of Pandora, but my intrigues lies more with the idea that we may be getting something unique, something original with these characters, and not a rehash of DANCES WITH WOLVES, FERN GULLY, etc.
James Cameron recently talked to Life Goes Strong in order to promote the release of CIRQUE DU SOLEIL: WORLDS AWAY on Blu-ray and DVD, and, while he didn't offer up any details as to where his adventures were heading next, he at least confirmed that he's not taking his sweet time getting the scripts for the two AVATAR follow-ups written. He's burning through them rather quickly right now.
"I was talking the other day with Peter Jackson and said, 'You had it easy dude. You had the books when you did the second and third LORD OF THE RINGS. I have to create my own books in my head and extract a script from it. I'm deep into it and I'm living in Pandora right now. There is that start up torque where you feel it's coming to you. Then you build up momentum. That's when it gets fun. The characters talk and it's writing itself. I'm almost there right now. It's building fast... As a writer, I need isolation. I'm calling you from New Zealand right now where I'm writing on a little farm. When you live in a special world like Pandora, you have to live in that world."
As for when we can expect AVATAR 2 to finally hit screens, Cameron remarks that it all depends upon when the script is done. At least someone is putting that damn thing first these days.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 287 total posts 59 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 234 total posts 49 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 91 total posts 38 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 38 total posts 38 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 281 total posts 34 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen the new Interstellar trailer! Plus The Rock and Spongebob stuff! -- 17 total posts 17 posts
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 287 total posts 12 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 243 total posts 10 posts
- Check Out this New Poster for HORNS! -- 34 total posts 7 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint reports in on the panel of The Giver! Footage! Jeff Bridges Q&A! -- 14 total posts 5 posts