Kickstarter Motion Pictures For FIREFLY, WONDERFALLS, PUSHING DAISIES And/Or TERRIERS?? Their Creators Weigh In!!
"Veronica Mars" mastermind Rob Thomas only needed $2 million to make a "Mars" movie.
In three days Kickstarter has already given the project $3.5 million, and the deadline for additional backer contributions is still 27 days away.
"When I saw [the campaign] online, I said to my agent immediately, ‘Can we do this with "Pushing Daisies" or "Wonderfalls"?' And he said, 'Pushing Daisies is going to take a lot more than $2 million to make into a movie,'" Bryan Fuller, who masterminded both short-lived series, told The Hollywood Reporter. "For something like 'Pushing Daisies,' which is more elaborate visually and also would require extensive prosthetics and those sorts of complicating production elements, it’s a little more daunting.”
Fuller said a “Daisies” project would require more like $10 million.
But Fuller didn’t say anything about his agent poo-pooing a $2 million “Wonderfalls” movie, and Fuller is, even as we speak, shooting NBC’s “Hannibal” series in Canada with “Wonderfalls” star Caroline Dhavernas.
“I've said repeatedly that I would love to make another movie with [the 'Firefly' cast], and that remains the case,” “Serenity” writer-director Joss Whedon tells Buzzfeed. "It also remains the case that I'm booked up by Marvel for the next three years, and that I haven't even been able to get 'Dr. Horrible 2' off the ground because of that. So I don't even entertain the notion of entertaining the notion of doing this, and won't. Couple years from now, when Nathan [Fillion]'s no longer [on] 'Castle' and I'm no longer the Tom Hagen of the Marvel Universe and making a giant movie, we might look and see where the market is then. But right now, it's a complete non-Kickstarter for me."
“Very interested to see how this Veronica Mars kickstarter goes,” tweeted “Terriers” creator Shawn Ryan. “Could be a model for a Terriers wrap up film.”
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- After writing Gareth Edwards' STAR WARS flick, Gary Whitta will move on to Mark Millar's STARLIGHT! -- 169 total posts 13 posts
- Capone's Art-House Round-Up with THE DISAPPEARANCE OF ELEANOR RIGBY: THEM and Terry Gilliam's THE ZERO THEOREM!!! -- 22 total posts 8 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! UPDATE RE: UPCOMING UK TIME CHANGE!! -- 145 total posts 8 posts
- Papa Vinyard talks with Rose McGowan about her first project as a director and the DAWN Film Festival she's curating this week in downtown Los Angeles! -- 19 total posts 8 posts
- The Additions of Sam Elliott and DEADWOOD’s Garret Dillahunt Suggest That The Final Season Of JUSTIFIED Will Own Us All!! -- 26 total posts 7 posts
- CBS, The Only Network Without A Superhero Show, Just Ordered To Series Berlanti’s SUPERGIRL!! -- 52 total posts 6 posts
- The GODZILLA Sequel Has A Writer!! -- 198 total posts 5 posts
- Capone says Kevin Smith's wonderfully grotesque TUSK falters when it tries too hard to be funny!!! -- 45 total posts 4 posts
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 273 total posts 3 posts
- Fox, Home Of GOTHAM, Makes Pilot Commitment To Project Based On DC Comics’ LUCIFER!! -- 118 total posts 3 posts