Sony Wants A Newsman To Replace Trebek On JEOPARDY?? Brian Williams, Anderson Cooper and Matt Lauer Aproached??
72-year-old Alex Trebek, host of “Jeopardy!” since 1984, is signed to continue hosting the quiz show until 2016, but feelers are out to potential successors, and they’re all men who already have high-profile jobs.
NBC anchors Brian Williams and Matt Lauer and CNN anchor Anderson Cooper have reportedly all been approached.
Williams recently indicated he’d be reducing his role on the low-rated “Rock Center, Cooper recently lost his daytime show and Matt Lauer has reportedly given thought to exiting “The Today Show” following recent ratings declines.
I wonder if anybody’s made a call to Jay Leno?
Find all of Deadline’s story on the matter here.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Harry dives into STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS' spoilers to reveal the truth behind the blockbuster we're seeing! -- 792 total posts 19 posts
- Nordling Reviews STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! Spoilers Abound! You Are Warned! -- 1156 total posts 15 posts
- ‘Darkness Will Devour Them All!!’ Sunday Brings Antepenultimate GAME OF THRONES For HBO!! -- 231 total posts 13 posts
- UPDATE The Friday Docback Calls 'The Name of the Doctor'!! DOCTOR WHO's S7 Finale Arrives This Weekend!! Now With Glen's Ultra-Brief, SPOILER FREE MiniReview!! -- 444 total posts 8 posts
- Harry gets seriously geeky on the very geeky cool STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! Can't wait for the next one! & See this again! -- 1438 total posts 6 posts
- Hey! Fat Face! Here's The New Teaser To ANCHORMAN: THE LEGEND CONTINUES! -- 238 total posts 4 posts
- Here's A Behind-The-Scenes Look At MAN OF STEEL With New Footage! Also... Is Supergirl In The Prequel Comic? -- 240 total posts 4 posts
Ben Affleck Tonight Hosts
SNL’s 38th Season Finale!! -- 75 total posts 3 posts
‘You Cannot Go On Like This!!’
Sunday Brings MAD MEN 6.8!! -- 24 total posts 2 posts
- New PACIFIC RIM Trailer Takes A Battleship Upside The Head Of Every Other Summer Movie Trailer! -- 293 total posts 2 posts