Sony Wants A Newsman To Replace Trebek On JEOPARDY?? Brian Williams, Anderson Cooper and Matt Lauer Aproached??
72-year-old Alex Trebek, host of “Jeopardy!” since 1984, is signed to continue hosting the quiz show until 2016, but feelers are out to potential successors, and they’re all men who already have high-profile jobs.
NBC anchors Brian Williams and Matt Lauer and CNN anchor Anderson Cooper have reportedly all been approached.
Williams recently indicated he’d be reducing his role on the low-rated “Rock Center, Cooper recently lost his daytime show and Matt Lauer has reportedly given thought to exiting “The Today Show” following recent ratings declines.
I wonder if anybody’s made a call to Jay Leno?
Find all of Deadline’s story on the matter here.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 129 total posts 29 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 101 total posts 10 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 66 total posts 10 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 147 total posts 10 posts
- Another New (And Rather Cool) INTERSTELLAR Poster!! -- 200 total posts 5 posts
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 416 total posts 5 posts
- This Poster For INSIDIOUS CHAPTER 3 Is Creepy And Requires Reading!! -- 63 total posts 3 posts
- "Welcome to the show!" says the red-band trailer for V/H/S:VIRAL!! -- 31 total posts 3 posts
- Fox, Home Of GOTHAM, Makes Pilot Commitment To Project Based On DC Comics’ LUCIFER!! -- 111 total posts 2 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 30 total posts 2 posts