AICN Toys: Marvel Select Wolverine, NECA ALIENS, Jumbo IG-88, Michael Jordan!!
John Ary here with a quick look at a few action figure lines that are making headlines this week... As always click on the photos for an embiggened version and for more info follow the pre-order links...
MARVEL SELECT WOLVERINE FROM DIAMOND SELECT TOYS
Marvel.com premiered the first pics of the upcoming Marvel Select action figure from the upcoming film The Wolverine. This seven-inch bad ass bears Hugh Jackman’s likeness while sporting 16 points of articulation, interchangeable hands and heads, a display base and a sculpt by Gentle Giant. Thank Odin for this release, as every other action figure tied into this movie so far has had 5 points of articulation and the appeal of a McDonalds Happy Meal giveaway. Look for him in the fall.
ALIENS GENOCIDE TWO-PACK FROM NECA
It’s a civil war between two different breeds of xenomorph warriors. Based on a Dark Horse comic series from the 90′s, NECA will release a new 7-inch scale two pack featuring a black alien and its crimson enemy, featuring 30 points of articulation, extending inner mouths, and bendable tails. There's a part of me that wishes these xenomorphs were real, just to see the amazing NOVA special that would document their epic battle in nature. It would send PBS ratings through the roof and make high school biology classes around the nation much more interesting. The set will release in June or you can preorder it here.
JUMBO IG-88 FROM GENTLE GIANT
Digitally scanned from mint 3.75-inch Kenner originals and reproduced into 12-inch tall action figures, Gentle Giant Ltd. has announced it’s next retro Star Wars toy. IG-88 will be fully articulated and includes his original blaster, and a 1980′s Empire Strikes Back-inspired blister card with the “45 back” art work. It will release in the third quarter of this year or you can preorder it directly from the company here.
INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US FROM DC COLLECTIBLES
Please don't laugh too hard after reading this next sentence. Apparently... Aquaman... can defeat... Superman... in a one-on-one battle. It's absolutely true. (You have no idea how hard that was for me to type) It could really happen, according to the upcoming Injustice: Gods Among Us video game. To commemorate the new game, DC Collectibles will bring us a Black Adam vs Aquaman set along with a Superman vs Nightwing two-pack in the 3.75-inch scale. Both sets will release in August or you can preorder them here.
REAL MASTERPIECE MICHAEL JORDAN
When Michael Jordan made his return to the court after trying to play professional baseball, he donned the number 45 jersey. Enterbay plans to immortalize that time in the great one’s career with a new 1/6 scale action figure. Limited to 3,000 pieces worldwide, it will feature an individually hand-painted head sculpt with a newly developed “multi-layer” paint application, a 13-inch tall body with 30 points of articulation, his home floor Bulls uniform, 5 pairs of interchangeable hands with magnets to help hold the Spalding basketball, and a figure stand. A limited edition exclusive will also come with a Chicago Bulls warm-up suit and a pair of Air Jordan 10 shoes. This legend of the hardwood will arrive in the United States in April.
And finally this week, with the new God of War: Ascension getting released, Sean Long reviews the new Play Arts Kai Kratos action figure from Square Enix...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 27 total posts 23 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 384 total posts 12 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 423 total posts 10 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 720 total posts 6 posts
- AICN HORROR: Dr. Karen Oughton checks out four fear-filled films from Film4 FrightFest 2014: THE LAST SHOWING! SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! THE GUEST! DOC OF THE DEAD! -- 6 total posts 6 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 30 total posts 5 posts
- The DRUNK HISTORY Finale!! HOUDINI Finale!! ROYAL PAINS Finale!! RIZZOLI & ISLES Finale!! HARD KNOCKS Finale!! New TALENT, CARTER, GEAR, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR, WIZARD!! The Chenbot On LETTERMAN!! Brienne Of Tarth On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 4 total posts 4 posts
- A New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 31 total posts 2 posts
- Harry may be crazy about SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR - but so may you -- 569 total posts 2 posts
- "Do you understand what it's like to be a genius?!!" Dan Harmon takes his show on the road in this trailer for HARMONTOWN! -- 19 total posts 1 post