And The Director Of JURASSIC PARK IV Is...
Beaks here with some moderately surprising news. Last night, Drew McWeeny floated the possibility of Steven Spielberg returning to the JURASSIC PARK franchise. I thought he might've been on to something there - and, actually, with the fourth installment of the series thirteen months away from release, it's possible Spielberg's already done a good deal of directing in previsualization. In any event, the up-and-coming Mr. Trevorrow, who enjoyed critical and small-scale commercial success with his indie debut SAFETY NOT GUARANTEED, will guide the film through principal photography.
The strengths of a director like Trevorrow shouldn't be underestimated on a massive project like this. Getting actors (especially young actors) to convey the proper sense of awe, shock and sheer terror will be crucial to selling the sure-to-be-jaw-dropping visual effects. The second unit will see to it that the action/stunts/etc. are top shelf; whether the characters register as anything more than potential dino fodder will be up to Trevorrow (and, obviously, screenwriters Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver).
According to Deadline, Trevorrow got the job because Spielberg and company "felt he was a good match for the material, having grown up a huge fan of the trilogy and part of a new generation of directors steeped in all things dinosaur." This is about as big a step up from first to second feature as I've ever seen. It'll be an amazing learning experience for Trevorrow. If he impresses his masters, he's set for a good long while in Hollywood.
JURASSIC PARK IV hits theaters on June 13, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 158 total posts 44 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 193 total posts 38 posts
- Scream and Shout: Quint is inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy to revisit BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)! -- 94 total posts 16 posts
- Co-Director Anthony Russo Is Teasing, What, Exactly, Regarding CAPTAIN AMERICA 3?? -- 210 total posts 13 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 110 total posts 8 posts
2012-2014 -- 37 total posts 7 posts
- Martin Scorsese May Make A Film About One Of America's Greatest Bands! Gabba Gabba Hey! -- 223 total posts 6 posts
- Here’s BBC’s Synopsis Of DOCTOR WHO S08E03: “Robots of Sherwood’ !! -- 61 total posts 5 posts
- Simon Pegg's gonna set you on fire in this poster for KILL ME THREE TIMES! -- 19 total posts 5 posts
- Jeff Bridges’ Long Delayed SEVENTH SON Gets A Trailer, A Poster, And February!! -- 80 total posts 3 posts