Want A VERONICA MARS Movie...? You're Going To Have To Fund It!!
The Kidd here...
Ever since The CW cancelled VERONICA MARS back in 2007 after three seasons in which the ratings steadily improved, there's been a demand among the show's cult fan base for the show's characters to live on in a feature film. Look back at just about every interview Kristen Bell has done over the past couple years, and you'll be hard-pressed to find a conversation that doesn't at least ask about the possibility of a VERONICA MARS movie, following creator Rob Thomas' comments that he'd like to do one at some point in time.
However, no studio has been eager to jump at funding a VERONICA MARS movie. After all, the show has been off the air for six years now, and when it was on, it still only had a small yet hardcore audience. But, if you're one of them, and you've been desiring a VERONICA MARS flick since it went off the air, here's your chance to put your money where your mouth is.
Thomas has set off a Kickstarter campaign to fund a VERONICA MARS movie, giving the opportunity to kick into the $2 million budget they're looking for to make this project a reality to anyone who's ever wanted to see it. As per usual, there are all sorts of cool rewards for those who contribute, but to me, this really gets down to a matter of principle. This could be a turning point for those of you who always say that the movie studios don't make anything you want to see, or that their tastes don't necessarily represent yours. Tired of seeing the same old, same old...? Want a movie made that you actually want to see...? Here's your chance to step up to the plate with a few dollars in order to make that happen. Not a fan of VERONICA MARS? That's okay... That's not to say you should be forking over your cash. But with studios focusing on tent poles and franchises and not much beneath that which can't rake in billion-dollar box office takes, this is the type of project we might all need to succeed in order to show there is money to be made on funding the little guy... or girl, in this case.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 25 total posts 23 posts
- "Just another Saturday night" Marv and company are back in the first trailer for SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR!! -- 153 total posts 11 posts
- SNOWPIERCER finally gets a U.S. release date in its full, un-Weinstened glory! -- 23 total posts 6 posts
- Will the sun come out tomorrow!?! The first trailer for the remake of ANNIE is here! -- 538 total posts 6 posts
- New PARKS, PARENTHOOD, PORTLANDIA, COMMUNITY, ELEMENTARY, HALF, CRAZY, MILLERS, VIKINGS, VAMPIRE, REIGN, GREY’S, SCANDAL, NERDS, IDOL, RAKE, BOO BOO, SEAGAL!! The Returns Of SUITS & WONDERLAND!! Bob Mould On LETTERMAN!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 21 total posts 6 posts
- A newly remastered 4K print of THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE is coming just in time for its 40th anniversary!! -- 30 total posts 5 posts
- Sam Raimi to produce an adaptation of THE LAST OF US!!! -- 107 total posts 3 posts
- Idris Elba to voice a great, big, bloody Bengal tiger by the name of Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 29 total posts 3 posts
- Behold DIVERGENT’s Nifty New IMAX Poster!! -- 59 total posts 2 posts
- Jude Law spies a role alongside Melissa McCarthy and Jason Statham in SUSAN COOPER! -- 14 total posts 2 posts