Want A VERONICA MARS Movie...? You're Going To Have To Fund It!!
The Kidd here...
Ever since The CW cancelled VERONICA MARS back in 2007 after three seasons in which the ratings steadily improved, there's been a demand among the show's cult fan base for the show's characters to live on in a feature film. Look back at just about every interview Kristen Bell has done over the past couple years, and you'll be hard-pressed to find a conversation that doesn't at least ask about the possibility of a VERONICA MARS movie, following creator Rob Thomas' comments that he'd like to do one at some point in time.
However, no studio has been eager to jump at funding a VERONICA MARS movie. After all, the show has been off the air for six years now, and when it was on, it still only had a small yet hardcore audience. But, if you're one of them, and you've been desiring a VERONICA MARS flick since it went off the air, here's your chance to put your money where your mouth is.
Thomas has set off a Kickstarter campaign to fund a VERONICA MARS movie, giving the opportunity to kick into the $2 million budget they're looking for to make this project a reality to anyone who's ever wanted to see it. As per usual, there are all sorts of cool rewards for those who contribute, but to me, this really gets down to a matter of principle. This could be a turning point for those of you who always say that the movie studios don't make anything you want to see, or that their tastes don't necessarily represent yours. Tired of seeing the same old, same old...? Want a movie made that you actually want to see...? Here's your chance to step up to the plate with a few dollars in order to make that happen. Not a fan of VERONICA MARS? That's okay... That's not to say you should be forking over your cash. But with studios focusing on tent poles and franchises and not much beneath that which can't rake in billion-dollar box office takes, this is the type of project we might all need to succeed in order to show there is money to be made on funding the little guy... or girl, in this case.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 197 total posts 197 posts
- Could These International TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Posters Win Over A Skeptical 7(ish) Year Old?? -- 125 total posts 125 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 122 total posts 122 posts
- From The Wasteland Emerges A MAD MAX: FURY ROAD Teaser Poster! -- 121 total posts 121 posts
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 217 total posts 76 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 392 total posts 65 posts
- Aye! The Next PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN Film Has An Official Release Date!! -- 61 total posts 61 posts
- "I would never order an alcoholic beverage on the bridge..." Trailer for SPACE STATION 76 has its heart firmly in place and its tongue firmly in cheek! -- 105 total posts 56 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 205 total posts 47 posts
- Learn Which Movie Star Just Signed On To HBO’s Jonathan Nolan/Bad Robot Pilot WESTWORLD!! -- 43 total posts 43 posts