Melissa McCarthy + Bill Murray = ST. VINCENT DE VAN NUYS!!
The Kidd here...
Melissa McCarthy is primed and ready to land one of the most sought after and coveted roles that's been making its way around Hollywood lately, set to be offered the female lead in Ted Melfi's ST. VINCENT DE VAN NUYS, according to Deadline. However, unlike her recent efforts in IDENTITY THIEF and BRIDESMAIDS, this project will showcase far more of her acting talents instead of her comedic sensibilities... and she'll be doing it opposite Bill Murray, who is slotted into the title role.
Murray would play a cross neighbor who begins to guide the impressionable 12-year-old son of a struggling single mom who just moved in next door. Next thing you know, he's corrupting the kid, the mom has to help change his mindset back, and, in doing so, the neighbor learns how to not be such a crotchety asshole, and everyone feels the love... or at least that seems to be where it's heading, doesn't it? There's a reason this former Black List script has been compared to AS GOOD AS IT GETS.
I am very interested to see McCarthy play a bit more serious, although there certainly will be a bit of comedy intertwined that will play to her strengths, but, just by the description of the character, you can imagine Murray nailing this type of character. Seeing that dynamic between him and McCarthy definitely has me exciting about the prospect of ST. VINCENT DE VAN NUYS.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 63 total posts 63 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 108 total posts 31 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 277 total posts 21 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 514 total posts 17 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 35 total posts 12 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 23 total posts 5 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 12 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts