Someone Finally Comments On Another TINTIN Movie!!
The Kidd here...
Remember that plan between Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson to put together an ADVENTURES OF TINTIN trilogy of films, with each filmmaker directing at least one and producing the other, with the responsibilities for the third film sort of up for grabs and perhaps open for a third creative mind to enter...? Man, that seems like forever ago, but it was only two short years ago that THE SECRET OF THE UNICORN landed in theatres, doing better business abroad than in the States, where it seemed American audiences didn't exactly respond to the adaptation of a European comic, even with Spielberg and Jackson's names attached. Those who did see it wound up responding positively to it for the most part, myself included, and there has been a curiosity if those plans for a trilogy would continue forward, even in the face of those less-than-blockbuster box office numbers.
Well, finally someone is speaking up about the plan, and, according to Steven Spielberg, THE ADVENTURES OF TINTIN ain't dead yet... it's just on hold for a little bit.
Speaking to The Times of India, Spielberg gave a pretty reasonable timetable for when both he and Jackson might return to the motion-capture world of Tintin and Snowy. "Peter Jackson is directing the next one, I'm producing. We have a script and we're going to start performance capture probably at the end of this year." Hmmm... can we get some idea when we might be able to expect to see the next one coming our way, Mr. Spielberg? "Don't hold me to it, but we're hoping the film will come out around Christmas-time in 2015. We know which books we're making, we can't share that now but we're combining two books which were always intended to be combined by Herge." And for those fans of the source material, it appears The Blue Lotus would most likely end up being a part of the third film.
Get TINTIN back on your radars, folks... it doesn't appear to be abandoned any longer, just in a bit of shceduling limbo with Jackson trying to hammer out his HOBBIT commitments before he dives back in here.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Find Out How E.T. Nearly Killed Video Games In Trailer For Zak Penn's Documentary, ATARI: GAME OVER! -- 342 total posts 214 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 160 total posts 160 posts
- Trailer for NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3...yeah, you're welcome! -- 111 total posts 111 posts
- First Poster for THE HATEFUL EIGHT Arrives, Confirming 2015 Release! -- 95 total posts 95 posts
- 5th Week of July 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: LYNCH - HERZOG - JAA - ARONOFSKY - KASDAN - WOODSTOCK!!! -- 304 total posts 93 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 87 total posts 87 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 574 total posts 52 posts
- International Trailer and Clip for Australian Horror Film THE BABADOOK! -- 65 total posts 52 posts
- Red Band Trailer for THE DEAD 2: INDIA! -- 47 total posts 34 posts
- "Welcome to the Glade." New trailer for THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 50 total posts 31 posts