Someone Finally Comments On Another TINTIN Movie!!
The Kidd here...
Remember that plan between Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson to put together an ADVENTURES OF TINTIN trilogy of films, with each filmmaker directing at least one and producing the other, with the responsibilities for the third film sort of up for grabs and perhaps open for a third creative mind to enter...? Man, that seems like forever ago, but it was only two short years ago that THE SECRET OF THE UNICORN landed in theatres, doing better business abroad than in the States, where it seemed American audiences didn't exactly respond to the adaptation of a European comic, even with Spielberg and Jackson's names attached. Those who did see it wound up responding positively to it for the most part, myself included, and there has been a curiosity if those plans for a trilogy would continue forward, even in the face of those less-than-blockbuster box office numbers.
Well, finally someone is speaking up about the plan, and, according to Steven Spielberg, THE ADVENTURES OF TINTIN ain't dead yet... it's just on hold for a little bit.
Speaking to The Times of India, Spielberg gave a pretty reasonable timetable for when both he and Jackson might return to the motion-capture world of Tintin and Snowy. "Peter Jackson is directing the next one, I'm producing. We have a script and we're going to start performance capture probably at the end of this year." Hmmm... can we get some idea when we might be able to expect to see the next one coming our way, Mr. Spielberg? "Don't hold me to it, but we're hoping the film will come out around Christmas-time in 2015. We know which books we're making, we can't share that now but we're combining two books which were always intended to be combined by Herge." And for those fans of the source material, it appears The Blue Lotus would most likely end up being a part of the third film.
Get TINTIN back on your radars, folks... it doesn't appear to be abandoned any longer, just in a bit of shceduling limbo with Jackson trying to hammer out his HOBBIT commitments before he dives back in here.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 98 total posts 21 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 506 total posts 9 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 13 total posts 7 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 263 total posts 7 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 26 total posts 3 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 21 total posts 3 posts
- 3rd week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: Welles,Wilder,Svankmajer, Mann,Jeong, Sirk,Trier & more!!! -- 155 total posts 1 post
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 227 total posts 1 post