Someone Finally Comments On Another TINTIN Movie!!
The Kidd here...
Remember that plan between Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson to put together an ADVENTURES OF TINTIN trilogy of films, with each filmmaker directing at least one and producing the other, with the responsibilities for the third film sort of up for grabs and perhaps open for a third creative mind to enter...? Man, that seems like forever ago, but it was only two short years ago that THE SECRET OF THE UNICORN landed in theatres, doing better business abroad than in the States, where it seemed American audiences didn't exactly respond to the adaptation of a European comic, even with Spielberg and Jackson's names attached. Those who did see it wound up responding positively to it for the most part, myself included, and there has been a curiosity if those plans for a trilogy would continue forward, even in the face of those less-than-blockbuster box office numbers.
Well, finally someone is speaking up about the plan, and, according to Steven Spielberg, THE ADVENTURES OF TINTIN ain't dead yet... it's just on hold for a little bit.
Speaking to The Times of India, Spielberg gave a pretty reasonable timetable for when both he and Jackson might return to the motion-capture world of Tintin and Snowy. "Peter Jackson is directing the next one, I'm producing. We have a script and we're going to start performance capture probably at the end of this year." Hmmm... can we get some idea when we might be able to expect to see the next one coming our way, Mr. Spielberg? "Don't hold me to it, but we're hoping the film will come out around Christmas-time in 2015. We know which books we're making, we can't share that now but we're combining two books which were always intended to be combined by Herge." And for those fans of the source material, it appears The Blue Lotus would most likely end up being a part of the third film.
Get TINTIN back on your radars, folks... it doesn't appear to be abandoned any longer, just in a bit of shceduling limbo with Jackson trying to hammer out his HOBBIT commitments before he dives back in here.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone believes that FAST & FURIOUS 6 is the best in a bizarre, crowded franchise!!! -- 99 total posts 33 posts
- Beware Epileptics - we have a new motion poster for the upcoming remake of CARRIE! -- 82 total posts 22 posts
- Spoilery early review of MAN OF STEEL!! -- 437 total posts 19 posts
- The Friday Docback Revisits DOCTOR WHO Season 7!! A Fuller Review Of 'The Name of the Doctor,' And More!! -- 91 total posts 16 posts
- Jim Jarmusch's vampire flick ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE gets picked up for U.S. distribution by Sony Pictures Classics!! -- 29 total posts 15 posts
- Capone says the stunning 3-D visuals elevate the standard-issue plot of EPIC!!! -- 41 total posts 14 posts
- Capone makes the case that THE HANGOVER PART III is neither a comedy nor a movie!!! -- 72 total posts 13 posts
- New trailer for Casey Affleck and Rooney Mara's upcoming western, AIN'T THEM BODIES SAINTS!! -- 54 total posts 13 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 213 total posts 13 posts
- Harry dives into STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS' spoilers to reveal the truth behind the blockbuster we're seeing! -- 1483 total posts 12 posts