Exclusive: You'll Feel Dirty Watching The Red Band Trailer Premiere Of AMERICAN ECSTASY, Yet Be Unable To Look Away!!
The Kidd here...
Not too long ago, the red band trailer for a new film AMERICAN ECSTASY got put in front of me. Described to me as a mix between horror films such as V/H/S and CREEPSHOW, late night Skin-emax, and movies like THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO, KILLER JOE and others, beforehand, it certainly had my attention. And upon taking a glimpse at director Jonathan Leder's directorial debut, I walked away feeling a bit dirty and plenty uncomfortable. To be perfectly honest, I wasn't sure that what I had just seen wasn't some underground snuff film cut into trailer form.
And I watched it again... same feeling, but this time, even with some of the graphic imagery flashing before me, I was absolutely intrigued to know more - where was this was all going, what exactly was happening here, and how much more would I be shown?
So I passed it along to a couple other colleagues to take a look and gather their opinions... and their reactions came back pretty much the same. Unique... provacative... hypnotic...haunting... one even said he felt compelled to take a shower and wash some of the filth off that seemed to collect while watching. And if just from the trailer, a film can get you to start feeling more than a few of those things, that's the kind of movie I want to see.
Starring Britany Nola, Robert Kirkland, Christian DeBoer, Amy Hood and Lindsay Roan, this anthology-style picture appears to be ready to put quite a few women in some incredibly dangerous, terrifying and very difficult-to-watch scenarios... and I am extremely curious to get a much bigger look.
Now take a look at the NSFW red band trailer premiere for AMERICAN ECSTASY here exclusively at Ain't It Cool News, and see for yourself...
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 406 total posts 69 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 157 total posts 27 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 35 total posts 27 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 34 total posts 25 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 51 total posts 22 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 39 total posts 17 posts
- Robert Downey Jr. seems to be tweeting a picture a day from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron... -- 118 total posts 17 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 84 total posts 16 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 22 total posts 15 posts
- ‘So Who Wants To Go First??’ Amy Acker Is The Cellist In Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! ELSEWHERE & ER On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! New AWKWARD, SWAP, BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, TOSH, GLEE, FIRE, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL, FARGO, FISHER & VOICE!! CONTAINER Finale!! Don Rickles On KIMMEL!! Natalie Dormer On SETH!! Stephen Colbert On LETTERMAN!! Elizabeth Warren On THE DAILY SHOW!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 213 total posts 14 posts