Bad Robot’s Action/Sci-Fi LAPD Android Pilot Just Landed A FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS Vixen!!
“Friday Night Lights” icon Minka Kelly will play a uniformed cop in Bad Robot’s untitled Fox pilot about LAPD officers teaming with robot partners.
Longtime “Fringe” producers J.J. Abrams and J.H. Wyman are behind the futuristic drama pilot.
The androids will apparently look more like flesh-colored Datas than the cop who chased down a tiny James Tiberius Kirk in Abrams’ “Star Trek.” Michael Ealy (“FlashForward,” “Common Law”) plays the lead robot.
Post-FNL, Kelly played Autumn in “(500) Days of Summer,” Max’s autism therapist in “Parenthood” and one of the title roles in ABC’s terrible 2011 remake of “Charlie’s Angels.”
Wyman, the longtime “Fringe” showrunner who scripted the 2001 Brad Pitt-Julia Roberts movie "The Mexican" before he joined the writing staff of “Keen Eddie,” wrote the pilot.
Find all of Deadline’s exclusive on the matter here.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 220 total posts 121 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 344 total posts 99 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 197 total posts 59 posts
- First Poster for THE HATEFUL EIGHT Arrives, Confirming 2015 Release! -- 171 total posts 48 posts
- HBO Greenlights New Class Warfare Miniseries From THE WIRE Mastermind David Simon!! -- 82 total posts 46 posts
- Trailer for NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3...yeah, you're welcome! -- 207 total posts 46 posts
- Rest In Peace Makeup Legend Dick Smith -- 26 total posts 26 posts
- NBC Hires A PILF To Play Peter Pan Opposite Walken’s Captain Hook!! -- 38 total posts 22 posts
- Is a New TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE Film in the Works? -- 49 total posts 20 posts
- Find Out How E.T. Nearly Killed Video Games In Trailer For Zak Penn's Documentary, ATARI: GAME OVER! -- 374 total posts 18 posts