Jonathan Levine's ALL THE BOYS LOVE MANDY LANE Finally Cleared To Stalk-And-Slash In The U.S.!
When Jonathan Levine's smart little slasher flick, ALL THE BOYS LOVE MANDY LANE, debuted at the 2006 Toronto International Film Festival, it touched off a bidding war that was ultimately won, to the tune of $3.5 million, by The Weinstein Company. This is the "Uh-oh" start of a lot of delayed distribution stories, and, sadly, this wound up being one of the worst. Once TWC began doubting the commercial potential of the film they'd just shelled out $3.5 million for, MANDY LANE was sold to Senator Entertainment US, which promptly went bankrupt. This created myriad rights issues, the particulars of which were damn near incomprehensible. All the while, the smartest, most subversive take on the slasher genre since SCREAM gathered dust on the shelf.
And now it's... The Weinstein Company to the rescue? Basically, yes. The Weinstein's multi-platform arm, RADiUS, has freed ALL THE BOYS LOVE MANDY LANE from distribution limbo, and will give the film a proper theatrical/VOD release later this summer. This is great news not only for film lovers, but for the folks who busted their (then young) asses to get this project financed and made. I've gotten to know some of these gentlemen over the last few years, and they are all incredibly deserving of this long-delayed victory. So here's a hearty congrats to producers Keith Calder and Brian Udovich, and the very talented screenwriter Jacob Forman. Congrats to Levine, too!
ALL THE BOYS LOVE MANDY LANE... need to refresh your memory? Here's an old, international trailer.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- That rumor about Sony selling SPIDER-MAN? Don't you believe it for a second! -- 428 total posts 252 posts
- Holy Crossover!! Magneto’s Boy Quicksilver To Speed About In Whedon’s AVENGERS 2 And Singer’s X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST?? -- 211 total posts 211 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 175 total posts 175 posts
- The METALLICA THROUGH THE NEVER Teaser! -- 185 total posts 119 posts
- New MAN OF STEEL trailer makes me happy that Superman has severe red eye!!! -- 788 total posts 116 posts
- Next on the Reboot assemblyline? TIMECOP!! -- 142 total posts 98 posts
- Sandler, Piss, Barf, And Hayek Grace The New GROWN UPS 2 Trailer!! -- 97 total posts 97 posts
- Green-Band and Red-Band trailers for the new Jason Sudeikis & Jennifer Aniston VACATION ripoff, WE'RE THE MILLERS are here!! -- 91 total posts 91 posts
- Seems Coppola Is Gearing Up For A New Italian-American Epic!? -- 86 total posts 86 posts
- We have some new details on the POLTERGEIST remake/reboot/sequel!! -- 208 total posts 58 posts