Jonathan Levine's ALL THE BOYS LOVE MANDY LANE Finally Cleared To Stalk-And-Slash In The U.S.!
When Jonathan Levine's smart little slasher flick, ALL THE BOYS LOVE MANDY LANE, debuted at the 2006 Toronto International Film Festival, it touched off a bidding war that was ultimately won, to the tune of $3.5 million, by The Weinstein Company. This is the "Uh-oh" start of a lot of delayed distribution stories, and, sadly, this wound up being one of the worst. Once TWC began doubting the commercial potential of the film they'd just shelled out $3.5 million for, MANDY LANE was sold to Senator Entertainment US, which promptly went bankrupt. This created myriad rights issues, the particulars of which were damn near incomprehensible. All the while, the smartest, most subversive take on the slasher genre since SCREAM gathered dust on the shelf.
And now it's... The Weinstein Company to the rescue? Basically, yes. The Weinstein's multi-platform arm, RADiUS, has freed ALL THE BOYS LOVE MANDY LANE from distribution limbo, and will give the film a proper theatrical/VOD release later this summer. This is great news not only for film lovers, but for the folks who busted their (then young) asses to get this project financed and made. I've gotten to know some of these gentlemen over the last few years, and they are all incredibly deserving of this long-delayed victory. So here's a hearty congrats to producers Keith Calder and Brian Udovich, and the very talented screenwriter Jacob Forman. Congrats to Levine, too!
ALL THE BOYS LOVE MANDY LANE... need to refresh your memory? Here's an old, international trailer.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 296 total posts 146 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 300 total posts 19 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 575 total posts 9 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 225 total posts 5 posts
- MTV Movie Awards drops an opening scene from X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST! And it rocks! -- 317 total posts 4 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 194 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 249 total posts 3 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 2 total posts 2 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 195 total posts 2 posts
- Stallone Talks EXPENDABLES Casting Approach!! Nicholson!?!? -- 288 total posts 2 posts