Show Your Love for Studio Ghibli and Win an Awesome FROM UP ON POPPY HILL Prize!!
Set in Yokohama in 1963, the film centers on a high school couple’s innocent love and the secrets surrounding their births. The story takes place in a Japan that is picking itself up from the devastation of World War II and preparing to host the 1964 Olympics – and the mood is one of both optimism and conflict as the new generation struggles to embrace modernity and throw off the shackles of a troubled past. The film’s rich color palette and painterly detail capture the beauty of Yokohama’s harbor and its lush surrounding hillsides, while the 1960′s pop soundtrack evokes nostalgia for an era of innocence and hope.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Timur Bekmambetov Finds His Ben-Hur For, Well, BEN-HUR!! -- 266 total posts 266 posts
- 3rd PICKS & PEEKS of Sept 2014: Crichton Blus, THE PARTY, Bloody Entertainment, GODZILLA 3D & More!!! -- 597 total posts 183 posts
- Is DOCTOR STRANGE coming to us in July 2016?!! -- 158 total posts 158 posts
- Loki vs. King Kong in SKULL ISLAND! -- 356 total posts 81 posts
- More Details On The Upcoming And Promising ALIEN: ISOLATION Game!! 'Survivor Mode’!! -- 74 total posts 74 posts
- DESTINY ‘Raids’ Have Begun!! More Events Coming Soon!! -- 73 total posts 73 posts
- Promo Images From DOCTOR WHO S08E05 - ‘Time Heist’!! -- 174 total posts 72 posts
- Meet Bigfoot in this New Clip from EXISTS! -- 69 total posts 69 posts
- A New Trailer For Robert Downey Jr’s THE JUDGE!! -- 58 total posts 58 posts
- Are you ready for THE GHOST DIMENSION!?! The new PARANORMAL ACTIVITY film gets a title and a release date!! -- 51 total posts 51 posts