Show Your Love for Studio Ghibli and Win an Awesome FROM UP ON POPPY HILL Prize!!
Set in Yokohama in 1963, the film centers on a high school couple’s innocent love and the secrets surrounding their births. The story takes place in a Japan that is picking itself up from the devastation of World War II and preparing to host the 1964 Olympics – and the mood is one of both optimism and conflict as the new generation struggles to embrace modernity and throw off the shackles of a troubled past. The film’s rich color palette and painterly detail capture the beauty of Yokohama’s harbor and its lush surrounding hillsides, while the 1960′s pop soundtrack evokes nostalgia for an era of innocence and hope.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- That rumor about Sony selling SPIDER-MAN? Don't you believe it for a second! -- 239 total posts 63 posts
- We have some new details on the POLTERGEIST remake/reboot/sequel!! -- 178 total posts 28 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 25 total posts 25 posts
- Next on the Reboot assemblyline? TIMECOP!! -- 69 total posts 25 posts
- The METALLICA THROUGH THE NEVER Teaser! -- 86 total posts 20 posts
- So where is FAST AND FURIOUS 7 going to take place!?! -- 60 total posts 11 posts
- New MAN OF STEEL trailer makes me happy that Superman has severe red eye!!! -- 681 total posts 9 posts
Returns To 24!! -- 17 total posts 9 posts
- Kristin Scott Thomas Chews Up Ryan Gosling's Girlfriend In A Very Nasty Clip From ONLY GOD FORGIVES! -- 49 total posts 7 posts
- Yo Listen Up Here's A Story About A Little Guy That Lives In A Blue World... -- 138 total posts 6 posts