Thirty-Eight Minutes Of STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS Screened In Brazil! Find Out Who Peter Weller Is Playing!
J.J. Abrams has repeatedly emphasized the importance of the international market in selling STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS, so it's hardly surprising that the latest major press event for the upcoming film was held in Sao Paulo, Brazil. What is surprising is that they gave away the identity of Peter Weller's character so close to the film's release.
You shouldn't even be in this article if you're worried about spoilers, so this is your last chance. To be nice, I'll place the reveal after this here video...
Peter Weller plays Admiral Marcus, the father of Carol Marcus.
There are some other interesting details in TrekMovie's reading of the report out of Sao Paulo...
1) The order of sequences at the beginning of STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS has been changed. If you saw the IMAX preview, the film opened at the hospital with the introduction of John Harrison (Benedict Cumberbatch), followed by the Nibiru Volcano sequence (concluding with Spock about to be consumed by lava). This has now been flipped: the movie opens with the Nibiru sequence, title card, then the hospital.
2) On Nibiru, Kirk has a choice to make: violate the Prime Directive by surfacing the submerged Enterprise in order to save Spock, or stay submerged and let the Vulcan die. Of course he violates the Prime Directive, and of course...
3) ... he is demoted by Pike, who would like to send Kirk back to the Academy. Admiral Marcus either convinces or orders Pike to retain Kirk, so Pike takes command of the Enterprise with Kirk as his first officer. Spock is moved to another ship.
4) Pike is injured during an attack on an emergency meeting of Starfleet (which follows the attack on London).
5) Spock at one point orders an evacuation of a crippled Enterprise as it plummets to Earth.
6) There's also a foot chase between Spock and Harrison in San Francisco. Eventually, they fight.
7) And, not for nothing, there's a scene where Kirk and Spock are in Engineering struggling to stabilize the ship.
If you're fluent in Portuguese, you can read the whole report (and maybe flesh out details in the talkback; I ain't gonna stop you). I can't tell from either write-up whether they revel the true nature of Marcus's character. If so, that's a pretty big spoiler. As for Harrison = Khan, that's still unclear. Officially.
Based on what I know, Abrams and company are running out of reveals.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- JAMES GANDOLFINI 1961-2013 -- 215 total posts 62 posts
- Ages And Genders!! Casting Breakdown For Seven Characters Headed For J.J. Abrams’ STAR WARS: EPISODE VII?? -- 311 total posts 50 posts
- Mary Jane Watson is NOT going to be a part of THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2! -- 294 total posts 32 posts
- Father Geek says MAN OF STEEL is pretty much the best Superhero Movie ever made and I'm not gonna argue! -- 1928 total posts 17 posts
- A New KICK-ASS 2 International Poster!! -- 67 total posts 15 posts
- Harry discusses his PACIFIC RIM set visit!!! Lots of images & textual drooling! -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- A Few Nice "Making Of' Pics From THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2!! -- 143 total posts 13 posts
- ‘It’s The Least Of Your Problems!!’ Hercules Has Seen Tonight’s Big HANNIBAL Finale!! -- 12 total posts 12 posts
- Trailer for the Michael Cera Drug-Fueled Roadtrip CRYSTAL FAIRY!!! -- 60 total posts 12 posts
- Sweet knights of Colombus!! A new trailer for ANCHORMAN 2: THE LEGEND CONTINUES has been unleashed!! -- 147 total posts 11 posts